Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 AM

Default RE: Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

can I not just try wax to keep it from backing out?? yall are scaring me!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 AM

Go to the hardware store get a litte bottle of blue lock tight put a little on the screw let dry for a few minutes like it says in the directions done.Oh you bought a bowtech maybe you should buy the bigger bottle,didn t I read somewhere you need construction glue with those bows better pick up a tube of that well your there.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM

do you have a death wish?? You realize what you said??
Old 05-04-2008, 07:03 AM

Blue loctite is fine to use. Been using it for years with no problems. I've read several different "preparing your bow for the hunt" type articles in all the bowhunting magazines over the years, and they have ALWAYS recommended using loc tite on all the bolts.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It dont matter what your Mathews dealer said screw will back out eventually on any bow from vibration over time if not loctited. My dealer did not tell me either I watch him do it to all his bows before they leave! I never had a problem in my 20 years of bow hunting with a loose screw cause they were all loctited from new!

Vabowman dont be scared just go get the loctite. Go to your shop if ask them to loctite everything! I will say my dealer missed one screw on my bow and after a few shots it was loose. It was the cam stop screw. Took it back a little loctite on it and never a problem again! It does not matter what brand bow you got use LOCTITE!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:28 AM

Ok, I went a bought a screw and some blue loctite and did it. now the screw is a little longer than the original, not much, but it was all they had, so anyway, I put a dab of loctite on one side of the threads and tightened her down and now I will wait til tomorrow to shoot it I guess. It says 24 hrs to cure and 10 min to set.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot mine right after he applied loctite to my camstop and it did not come loose. Go out and try it you got the loctite to redo if needed but I dont think you will need to!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 AM

thanks twildasin!! I will shoot this evening, I will go throught the bow soon and just loctite everything..
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blackfish
why didnt you just get a meanv
He didn't want to wait a week

Dan
Old 05-04-2008, 09:14 AM

Oh, im going to get one Dan, fo sure....

Quick Reply: Move over STS, welcome Meanv2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.