Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any missouri hunters

Old 05-03-2008, 02:11 AM

Default any missouri hunters

Gonna be there for a few weeks in late sept, early oct. Could ya recommend some public land for me...anything north of 70 between st louis and kansas city. Or really anywhere.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any missouri hunters

Brother I would say go to the Missouri Dept.of Conservation website and they can definitely point you in the right direction.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was born and raised in Missouri, and I still hunt there. You're looking for public land, preferably in northern Missouri, but anywhere is acceptable? I'm not sure about that far north, but every November my family gets together during gun season to hunt in the Mark Twain National Forest. Where we hunt is about 3 hours south of St. Louis. I'm definitely heading up there for a bow hunt one or two weekends in late September. October kicks off Arkansas and Tennesseebow seasons, and then I'll be there. If you have trouble finding a place up north, shoot me a PM. I'll take you to a couple of sweet public land spots.[8D]
Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

take a look at deer ridge, and rebel's cove
those are two great ones, pretty far north

the best thing you could do though, is go to the mdc website, and go to the atlas. there you can browse all of them
Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

One other thing when you log back on... that's a cool picof "Sho' 'Nuff" in your profile. That was from the movie "The Last Dragon", right? I actually liked that movie... don't ask me why.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:15 PM

you got it that is sho-nuff shogun, Im tryin to put him up as my picture. Thanks for the info, I just dont wana pick a spot where I sit for a week or two and see nothing, and I wanted to get an idea of decent public land befor I got maps and stuff