Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Have you ever just hung "that" stand ?

I constantly have one stand in a little creek bottom on a small parcel of public land that I absolutely love. The tract is so small that most overlook it as a viable spot, but almost every time I've sat there, I've been on deer. I haven't been able to connect on any from that stand yet (mainly because the wind does swirl in the bottom at times), but It's just a matter of time I think.

A corn field is the back side of the land. One creek flows parallel to the field edge while another comes from the other end of the property to meet with the other creek at a 90 degree angle right where the CRP field turns back in woods on one side - with corn on the other side. About 100 yds from where the creeks meet is a bedding area and the area between that bedding spot to the creeks is littered with trails and tracks all year long.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just hung that stand a couple weeks ago as our bow season here it is still very warm and the area that I hunt there is hardly any water to speak of and I found a live spring that I hung a stand on and I have extremely high hopes for it this year.....I put a camera there at the same time and will go check it in a couple more weeks. I am like a kid at Christmas .....Can't wait!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive hung one in the middle of 4 inside corners,between cornfield bedding and bean field.....the draw is 50 yards wide and over a mile long,there is rub lines all along it and from that draw ....i have scouted out a a tower stand and have seen several pope and young and and 2 bucks, a 14 and 8 point thatare pushing boon and crockett........theyare absolute monsters....anyway i am so excited about hunting it and everytime i walk in that draw..there is rub lines and scrapes from last year all throughoutandmany scrapes........forgot to mention i hung a stand 3 feet above the other and its the perfect filming spot.....sorry for the long post,i am just pumped about hunting this spot .........this spot is the best spot i have ever seen
Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Bartender

4 1/2 months until I am in it.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i forgot to mention out of a stand about 100 yards away in the same draw i passed these two bucks and they walked right into where the new stand is...........hopefully they will do the same thing this year!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_2008/CDY_0813.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_2008/CDY_0094.jpg
to say im excited is an understatement!!!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.