Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Groups

Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Groups

Try marking the arrows and see if it's always the same that aren't grouping. If the same ones always group good and those two lets say, don't group, check em out and see if you can find something wrong with em.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

ORIGINAL: englum_06

Haven't shot any broadheads this year yet but last year i clipped some vanes off a few time.[]
Yeah, Ive clipped off a couple vanes with the second shot, but it seems like I can't ever get that third shot in there.

Is it normal for broadheads to not want to group real tight?

I mean Im going ahead and attempting to shoot groups with them right now just for the simple fact that I want to see my groups shrink.
You probably can't get that third shot in as close because you don't want to clip any more vanes!lol
oops..
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Try marking the arrows and see if it's always the same that aren't grouping. If the same ones always group good and those two lets say, don't group, check em out and see if you can find something wrong with em.
Yeah I think Ill have to try that!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are your broadheads tuned to your arrows?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

number your arrows so you know which one is which, then shoot again and keep track of which ones are hitting close and which ones are flying wide. If you notice its just one arrow consistently messing up your groups then you know there is something wrong with the arrow. If that doesn't work you might want to consider trying another type of broadhead. You also might want to have a bow shop look at your bow and make sure everything is lined up right. If all that doesn't work just keep practicing. Make sure you are practicing good form too, don't just stand there and fling arrows, you'd be surprised how the slightest slip up in your mechanics will cause you to miss.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

The arrows have a lot to do with it. Try taking one or all (numbered) and chart where they hit. If it's them they will for the most part always hit the same.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

6" at 25 yards, and I'm happy.

No sights, no letoffs, no peeps, etc, etc.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

I expect to shoot these groups on a daily basis:

20 yards - Arrows touching
30 Yards - 1.5"
40 Yards - 2-3"
50 Yards - 3-4"
60 Yards - 6"

This is when I'm in my regular shooting regimen of 4-5 days a week at least. I got to a point where I didn't feel I could get any better and decided to go to a .010 pin and that really helped me a lot.

I like these groups... 37 yard turkey (Dubbya and Buckeye... Buckeye was a little high and right )

With broadheads or fieldpoints or both? Ive been shooting broadheads right now and thats what's aggravating me!
I expect for the broadheads to shoot identically with my fieldpoints. Yes, it's possible and it can be frustrating and takes some serious tuning. 99% of the time, after my rest and arrows are tuned if I don't shoot a group that is as tight as it should be... it's me, not the bow, the arrow, or the tip... just me.

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

6" at 25 yards, and I'm happy.

No sights, no letoffs, no peeps, etc, etc.
Slacker