Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you were me....

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: If you were me....

Dog shooting is about the dumbest most idiotic thing that a hunter can do. It gains publicitiy and is a hot topic. News stations around here love it. Its the one topic that hurts hunters the most IMO. I am not sure why so many love to talk about it over and over. You are also taking your life into your hands. And your families. I know people that would kill you dead and set your house on fire over thier dog. Sure, they should keep them under control. Sure, its thier fault. We all know this. And are you really at a loss that you have to ask the question on the internet?

I have hunted for decades, and have yet to see all these experiences people talk about. Sure, once a year maybe, a dog, and even a cat has spooked game for me. But thats life,its hunting. Epseically if you constantly calling in birds, and at the moment fo truth the dog runs out. Especially on 900 acres. Sorry bud, it doesn't sound right with your story.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do agree in a way in what you say Bigcountry. Some things are better left unsaid on the internet, this is one of them! How ever some places have a huge problem with dogs, my woods use to be one of them!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I do agree in a way in what you say Bigcountry. Some things are better left unsaid on the internet, this is one of them! How ever some places have a huge problem with dogs, my woods use to be one of them!
I just don't have the heart to shoot a dog unless its attacking me. I hunt public land mostly, and treat the dogs/cats and snakes, even brushas part of nature. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it hinders you. Its all hunting.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Just go on ahead and do what you think is best for the situation. By all means though if you do shoot it, dont make a peep about it.. The only noise needs to be your bow ( No lip service ), especially dont go posting it on the internet.... If it is a problem handle it. I HAD a problem with dogs in the area I hunt a few years ago.. Seems like all the neighbors dogs would pack up and roam the woods at night I had pictures of them on my cameras all the time.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I just don't have the heart to shoot a dog unless its attacking me. I hunt public land mostly, and treat the dogs/cats and snakes, even brushas part of nature. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it hinders you. Its all hunting.
I understand completely Mark. I don't really care to do it myself but when your hunting in your own land and these same dogs are growling and showing teeth at you its time to do something about it. Its been many years since I've had to deal with a problem like this.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd shoot the dog, and donate it to Hunters for the Hungry.

Okay, that was a joke. And a tasteless one at that.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some things are better left unsaid on the internet, this is one of them!

Good point, Schultzy .....
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had a stray dog problem, just stray cats around my parts...

You all know how much I like turkeys...so do the stray cats...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]