Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

See your arrow hit the target?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: See your arrow hit the target?

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

This whole subject is one of the reasons I'm excited about using lighted nocks this year. For all the tinkering I've done over the years, for all the "toys" I own... I've just never tried them.

But as I encounter that lovely time period when my eyes are succumbing to middle age (I just had to start using reading glasses last month; it was either that, or take my contacts out every time I needed to see something up close ), I am genuinely pumped about trying out this technology and being able to more positively identify my shot placement on game animals.
I was wondering when these were going to come into the conversation. Last year was my first year, and I used Lumenoks. On each of the three deer I took with the compound, I knew exactly where the arrow impacted and knew they were dead before they had time to react. Also, being colorblind, a blood covered arrow in brown leaves is all but invisible to me. In that respect, they really are a big plus.

But back to the original question... yes, I can see my arrows hit the target provided the lighting is good. I need glasses to read, but my distant vision is excellent. In low light conditions? Well, that's why I have the Lumenoks.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see mine. even see the fletching disappear into the deer...

I shoot 5 inch feathers, white and yellow...I also shoot with both eyes open...

I also shoot a slow bow, it's about 15 years old, a Mountaineer, shooting 2413s, 31 inch draw...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have recently started shooting aluminum arrows with 3- 5" feathers out of my Marquis. I can see them in flight and at POI in my target much better than I can see my Beman MFX with blazers. I hope to see one of the aluminum arrows impact a turkey tomorrow morning. And I can certainly see the arrows from my recurve much better. When I shot the feral hog with my recurve it was like slow motion. I saw that arrow every inch of the way or so it seemed. I saw the impact clearly. As far as deer with the Victory I have since sold I didn't "see" it as much as experience it. Does that make sense?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive said it before, and I still see mine almost all of the time. Unless it it in fadeing light, then I tend to lose it.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

30 yards and out, I see them almost all of the time.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg/MO... try getting to Old(well mature maybe) age and see how those eyes change. LOL Good luck with the lighted nocks. We had a hard time getting them to work consistantly.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil
Good luck with the lighted nocks. We had a hard time getting them to work consistantly.
I wonder what causes some folks to have problems with them. The Lumenoks have performed flawlessly for me with GT 7595s.Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Bartender

I find this more difficult now that I have been using carbons.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I do see my arrows flight and impact, I also see my Friends I shot with if I try, and most of the time I see them on videoif lighting is right. My bow shoots in the 270's
Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

if im "in the zone" i can watch every arrow fly and impact...IF the lighting and target is right...if im shooting 60yds i know i hit the bag but dont know exactly WHERE...

last season when i shot my buck, i watched the arrow fly, watched it impact, and watched the fletchings sink into his chest and disappear...most beautiful thing i have ever seen....that WAS the spot i was looking at and had my pin on...it was a good feeling...

Quick Reply: See your arrow hit the target?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.