Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

location.....

Old 04-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: location.....

I never said you said it (diminish the accomplishments of others), Scott (it was said by someone else in thsi thread).

Don't take it so personally.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Location, Location, Location. Well of course everyone here knows of some states/areas where big bucks live.

What everyone here does not know, is there are some big bucks living closer than you think, and you may never see them.

What some people whine about is what others thrive own... Challenge. If it is such a freakin challenge for you to kill a monster buck and that is what you want to do, you will either go find one, whine about none where you are, or just be satisfied with what you got.

It really all boils down to one thing... ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

LT
Old 04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

This post isn't referred or pointed at anyone but its allot easier for people to say yeah you got it made where you hunt and I wish I could hunt there because I'd have big bucks on my walls too. I hear this from people here in Minnesota who have prime hunting land. This drives me nuts. Some of these people will never put in the effort needed or go where the big guys are because there more then likely afraid of disappointment and failure. If your going to hunt these big bucks you damn well better be able to except disappointment and failure. It is what it is when your hunting these bucks!!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

This post isn't referred or pointed at anyone but its allot easier for people to say yeah you got it made where you hunt and I wish I could hunt there because I'd have big bucks on my walls too. I hear this from people here in Minnesota who have prime hunting land. This drives me nuts. Most of these people will never put in the effort needed or go where the big guys are because there more then likely afraid of disappointment and failure. If your going to hunt these big bucks you damn well better be able to except disappointment and failure. It is what it is when your hunting these bucks!!
Right on Schultzy, so true. I came to realize that chanceswere slim to noneof mekilling the kind of buck thatI dreamof here in Pa. Don't get me wrong, I love bowhunting in Pa, and put in a ton of time doing it with great results. But the reallybig bucksare few and far between.
So, I set my sights on the Edmonton Bow Zone in Alberta.It's an expensive hunt up there becauseby law, as anon resident, you MUST have a guide/outfitter.BUT, you don't have to worry about a draw for your tag, it's guarenteed. I find peace of mind in that.My second year up there ('06)I killed my biggest buck to date, not the monster I'm dreaming of killing, but a nice one. I'll be up there again in'08 on my fourth hunt so we'll see what happens. You gotta play to win!By the way, I see big bucks every time I'm there. Getting a shot opp is another story. I've shown this pic numerous times, but I can't help it.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

IMO, the bottom line is that "you are only as good as the land you hunt".

We just sold our old farm in Brown County, IL. It is known for big deer and lots of turkeys. We killed both there, but not nearly as often as we would have liked. The property just didn't lend itself to that type of hunting. So we bought another property, and sold our other farm. We now have what we believe to be an extremely high chance of hunting mature bucks, year in and year out. Same with turkeys.

I also think a lot of hunters do not get everything out of their land that they can. Passing on younger animals is a beautiful thing!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

This post isn't referred or pointed at anyone but its allot easier for people to say yeah you got it made where you hunt and I wish I could hunt there because I'd have big bucks on my walls too. I hear this from people here in Minnesota who have prime hunting land. This drives me nuts. Some of these people will never put in the effort needed or go where the big guys are because there more then likely afraid of disappointment and failure. If your going to hunt these big bucks you damn well better be able to except disappointment and failure. It is what it is when your hunting these bucks!!
Bingo

This post has nothing to do with inches or age
Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

IMO, the bottom line is that "you are only as good as the land you hunt".
Jay Gregory said the same thing a few months ago on his show.

I also think a lot of hunters do not get everything out of their land that they can.
I think there are a lot who DO get everything out of their land that they can.I'm friends with a few of them.....and they frequent this forum. The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....

....well....you know.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think there are a lot who DO get everything out of their land that they can.I'm friends with a few of them.....and they frequent this forum. The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....

....well....you know.
Didn't you just today post that you do not do this? Diminish other peoples accomplishments?

Nice one
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

How in the heck is that diminishing ANYONE'S accomplishments? What are you reading into this that you don't like, Scott?

Talk about taking things personally........geesh!

It's a COMPLIMENT to some guys I know. Nothing more.

Quick Reply: location.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.