Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

location.....

Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: location.....

Why can't you say it? It's true!
Sure I could say it but I find it overly obvious andpointless to point out.

I also wouldn't see it as complaining (unless it really WAS....and that does hapen, here).
That is what I am talking about, those that complain... Not those who don't.

And I certainly wouldn't tell you you're using the fact that you haven't caught a 10lb. bass in OH as an "excuse".
It is only an "excuse"when thereis infact what you seek, be it big racked bucks or big bassin your area.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

With that last post of yours Scott....I know we've found common ground.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'll tell you......some want to look at it as if these threads are somehow "diminishing accomplishments". I see it another way. I see as downright insulting to guys like Rob/PA nd Matt/PA that someone would insinuate that there's something OTHER than "location" for the reason they don't kill large racked bucks on a regular basis (or, haven't in the past). Nobody seems to wanna look at it like that.
One: Anytime someone brings up the location card it it is usually to down play someones accomplishment and heighten anothers security. Childish at best.

Two: I've never heard Rob or Matt try to use the location excuse to defend their hunting. As a matter of fact, you are the one who brings it up most often. Why do you feel the need to come to their aid when they are not complaining? They seem to be taking nice, mature bucks from their area without complaint. When someone from the midwest takes a dandy, you are usually the first one to throw out the location card. It is very insulting. There are plenty of people hunting in trophy rich environments that do not take big bucks. This must say something about the hunter.

Again...... The only time I hear the location card being played is when someone is trying to down play someone elses accomplishment and to raise someone elses securities.

Why else would it be brought up? "Well if Joe X hunted there, he'd get just as many big bucks as Bill Z."

What does that sound like to you??

Like Magicman said......Sour Grapes.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

With that last post of yours Scott....I know we've found common ground.

Have a great weekend.
I knew it was there somewhere... Common ground that is
Old 04-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

One: Anytime someone brings up the location card it it is usually to down play someones accomplishment and heighten anothers security. Childish at best.
So no one can state a fact about deer hunting...."Gospel", even.....without it "diminishing another's accomplishments"? That's rich.....lol.

You drag 150" deer consistently out of a 12 acre woodlot. Ya THINK location has something to do with that?

Two: I've never heard Rob or Matt try to use the location excuse to defend their hunting. As a matter of fact, you are the one who brings it up most often. Why do you feel the need to come to their aid when they are not complaining? They seem to be taking nice, mature bucks from their area without complaint. When someone from the midwest takes a dandy, you are usually the first one to throw out the location card. It is very insulting. There are plenty of people hunting in trophy rich environments that do not take big bucks. This must say something about the hunter.
They have no reason to complain.....and they're not. When someone mentions a fact, though....WHY do you take it as "complaining"?

I congratulate people for the deer they take and have NEVER, EVER said the reason someone took a particular deer was about "location". That's an outright LIE, Greg.

Again...... The only time I hear the location card being played is when someone is trying to down play someone elses accomplishment and to raise someone elses securities.

I'm telling you it's not the reason I mention it. Maybe you should look at it like maybe an INsecurity??

I can assure you there are no sour grapes here. I kinda think the implication (without substantiation) is humorous....

You're 0-2, legend!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

This thread is awesome It's worthy of Dancing super hero's

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

So no one can state a fact about deer hunting...."Gospel", even.....without it "diminishing another's accomplishments"? That's rich.....lol.

You drag 150" deer consistently out of a 12 acre woodlot. Ya THINK location has something to do with that?

They have no reason to complain.....and they're not. When someone mentions a fact, though....WHY do you take it as "complaining"?

I congratulate people for the deer they take and have NEVER, EVER said the reason someone took a particular deer was about "location". That's an outright LIE, Greg.

I'm telling you it's not the reason I mention it. Maybe you should look at it like maybe an INsecurity??

I can assure you there are no sour grapes here. I kinda think the implication (without substantiation) is humorous....

You're 0-2, legend!

Are you sure????? Maybe sour apples???? J/K lol
Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Who are these dancers? Germ, Rob/PA with his shirt off showing off his muscles , HNI Christine, Quick?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Wheres wonderwoman?
She's SSSSSSSSSSSmoken hot!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob is Robot guy
Hunsucker is the shirtless guy
Matt is Spider man
Quick is the chick

I still am reading about inches and size in this thread, LOL It has nothting to do with it. Just states it one does not like where they hunt, don't whine. That is it

Quick Reply: location.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.