Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

location.....

Old 04-26-2008, 02:57 AM

Default RE: location.....

I say to you all, YES... someone else can come into your woods and do better than you. Someone else can come into your woods and do worse. If you feel a need to make it a contest, well hell, you just aren't enjoying hunting.
This is the best quote on the entire thread.... thank you David!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Dominant Buck

It is just annoying beyond what my words could everbegin to describe hearing about location this and location that..... It is your go to line, reason, excuse or what everone wants tocall it anytime antler size is mentioned.
MY go to line? Who started this thread? What's ....not even "annoying".....but utterly ludicrous....is some people's insistence that loaction isn't the number one factor when it comes to killing large racked bucks. Tell that to the seasoned vet who moves from IL to FL. Same hunter.......different location.

You keep mentioning me and "excuse" in the same sentence. I have no reason to make an "excuse". I havn't done anything to warrant that. I'm just fine hunting where I do. No complaints.

Who cares that NC or FL deer are smaller than Kansas deer? I sure don't and I would guess most others don't either... But yet we have to read about location, location, location anyhow.
Why does a fact bother you so? I really don't understand that.

I just can't understand how this post keeps going back to antler size. Nowit is aboutsomeof your buddies shooting "small" 3.5's at home thatcould shoot big 3.5's some where else....
Just another fact. An average IL 3.5yr old is larger than the average TN 3.5yr old. Again....why does pointing that out bother you?

This thread can go in any direction you want it to....you started the thread. It isnt like someone else brought it up. If you wanna let it die, then do so. But....don't get mad when someone says you live in a state that affords you more opportunities at large racked bucks than most. You do. Fact. Pull out that book you guys love and look it up.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

For the record, do not take any of this thread as anything more than a conversation, I am not trying to argue with you nor am I being as you claimed defensive. I am only stating my opinions.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It is just annoying beyond what my words could everbegin to describe hearing about location this and location that..... It is your go to line, reason, excuse or what everone wants tocall it anytime antler size is mentioned.
MY go to line? Who started this thread? What's ....not even "annoying".....but utterly ludicrous....is some people's insistence that lo action isn't the number one factor when it comes to killing large racked bucks. Tell that to the seasoned vet who moves from IL to FL. Same hunter.......different location.

I never said that location has nothing to do with killing large racked bucks.... I have agreed many times that it is a key factor... If youthink I have said otherwise you need to brush up on your reading and comprehension skills.

For the life of me I cannot understand why you keep turning this thread into a "big rack" thread. That is not what this thread is about!

You keep mentioning me and "excuse" in the same sentence. I have no reason to make an "excuse". I havn't done anything to warrant that. I'm just fine hunting where I do. No complaints.

Who cares that NC or FL deer are smaller than Kansas deer? I sure don't and I would guess most others don't either... But yet we have to read about location, location, location anyhow.
Why does a fact bother you so? I really don't understand that.

It doesn't bother me. I also stated that in your quote of mine.... Again, I don't care that other states have bigger bucks than NCor FL.

I do know that a bowhunter shot a 188 inchbuck last year an Halifax county NC. Interesting huh... [8D]

I just can't understand how this post keeps going back to antler size. Nowit is aboutsomeof your buddies shooting "small" 3.5's at home thatcould shoot big 3.5's some where else....
Just another fact. An average IL 3.5yr old is larger than the average TN 3.5yr old. Again....why does pointing that out bother you?

It doesn't bother me thatOhio deer are larger than yours in whole. We sell out of state tags over the counter.... If you wanta big buckcome and getcha one. They are in fact behind every tree anyhow

But again how did my "complaint" thread turn into jeff's view on his deer vs the world? Because you hijacked it into what you want the thread to be about rather than what it is aboutAgain I ask, go read the first post and explain to me where it has anything to do with "large racks".

This thread can go in any direction you want it to....you started the thread. It isnt like someone else brought it up. If you wanna let it die, then do so. But....don't get mad when someone says you live in a state that affords you more opportunities at large racked bucks than most. You do. Fact. Pull out that book you guys love and look it up.

I never brought up antler size, I only brought up, well hell if you want to know what I brought up for the 10th time refer to my first post

[/align]
Old 04-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Host of Hosts

But again how did my "complaint" thread turn into jeff's view on his deer vs the world? Because you hijacked it into what you want the thread to be about rather than what it is about

LMAO.... I know it's a long thread, but it looks like it needs to be read through again
Old 04-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Scott:

YOU are the one that made this thread about me....when you said "location" was my "go to line". All the while you chide me for taking it personally....lol (which I don't).

I've never seen so many grown man tears as when someone posts a location thread. It's humorous.

I'll tell you......some want to look at it as if these threads are somehow "diminishing accomplishments". I see it another way. I see as downright insulting to guys like Rob/PA nd Matt/PA that someone would insinuate that there's something OTHER than "location" for the reason they don't kill large racked bucks on a regular basis (or, haven't in the past). Nobody seems to wanna look at it like that.

I wish people would stop using the location excuse (yes, I said excuse)and do what they need to do to get the job done.

Seriously, if you are unhappy about your location,either pipe down andplay the hand youwere dealt ordo something about it. Just my opinion
I wish they'd stop using it as an excuse, too. I just don't see that much of it.

If you're tired of hearing the facts about location......either pipe down or skip the threads. Just my opinion.

It doesn't bother me thatOhio deer are larger than yours in whole. We sell out of state tags over the counter.... If you wanta big buckcome and getcha one. They are in fact behind every tree anyhow
It doesn't bother me, either. I've killed a 3.5 and a 4.5 yr old the last two seasons. I'm just fine with my location. The "behind every tree" comment is someome else's.Can't pinTHAT one on me, either.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll tell you......some want to look at it as if these threads are somehow "diminishing accomplishments". I see it another way. I see as downright insulting to guys like Rob/PA nd Matt/PA that someone would insinuate that there's something OTHER than "location" for the reason they don't kill large racked bucks on a regular basis (or, haven't in the past). Nobody seems to wanna look at it like that.

All the while you keep failing to realize I never said location didn't matter. How do you keep skipping over that point? I have said it time and time again...

Also, my overall disdain isn't necessarily diminishing another's accomplishments but rather people doing the location finger point.

I have never caught a 10 pound bass because I don't live in Florida.... Sounds kindapointless to say huh?

It isquite obvious my odds would be infinite times better to catch a 10 pounder in FL than here in Ohio. So why would Ieven say it? If the day ever comes that I really want a 10 pound bass that badI will pack my bags and do my best to go get one. That's all I am saying...... Either do somethingabout your locationor don't complainabout it.... That's it.. That is all this thread is and was about.

If you cannot get over this thread not being about large racked bucks and it being about the text of my first postthan I am through with this discussion. I did not start this to argue or bicker but to voice my aggravation of every deer and now turkey thread turning into a pointing finger location thread.
[/align]
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

I wish people would stop using the location excuse (yes, I said excuse)and do what they need to do to get the job done.

Seriously, if you are unhappy about your location,either pipe down andplay the hand youwere dealt ordo something about it. Just my opinion
[/blockquote]

I wish they'd stop using it as an excuse, too. I just don't see that much of it.

If you're tired of hearing the facts about location......either pipe down or skip the threads. Just my opinion.
Hey you finally read my first post! Thanks bud
Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

It isquite obvious my odds would be infinite times better to catch a 10 pounder in FL than here in Ohio. So why would Ieven say it?
Why can't you say it? It's true! If I were a bass fisherman from FL it wouldn't bother me in the least. I also wouldn't see it as complaining (unless it really WAS....and that does hapen, here). And I certainly wouldn't tell you you're using the fact that you haven't caught a 10lb. bass in OH as an "excuse".
Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

I like my location and i have killed some nice deer here,for my location.I think what gets me though is when we have some guy that does hunt in an area that consistantly produce big mature whitetails,150 and up. judge others who may not have it so good.The fact of the matter isthat locationis a hugefactor in the quality of deer one may have on your hunting land.I am glad some people are lucky enough to have that opportunity and hopefully if we can change our laws and regulations one day i will too.D0 I think it is easier to kill a big mature buck in areas where they are more abundant? yes I do,but I don't think it is easy,and I know you guys that are lucky enough to hunt in areas like that get tired of hearing how easy you have it as though there is a 160" buck behind every tree,that's not the case just like it's not the case that there are'nt any 160" class bucks here where I hunt,but they are very very rare.We have to be honest though if your going to hunt for a trophy your not coming to louisiana to hunt,all you have to do is watch the hunting shows on tv,how many of the shows have you ever seen do a show here.You could kill a trophy eventually,but there is no telling how many days you would have to hunt to do so and most of my hunting is regulated to maybe a couple evenings after work and weekends.So don't say we are using location as an excuse,the facts are the facts.I know some clubs that produce bucks that would rival any in the world,but I don't have an extra 8-10 thousand dollars just laying around for the membership.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't most heavyweight bouts only last 10 rounds?

Quick Reply: location.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.