Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

location.....

Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM

Default RE: location.....

I probly live in one of the worst places to hunt white tails in the state not many deer but there are a few big ones running around.I have gone away to PA ny but I just rather hunt here on my own turf it is most satisfying to me it has made most around here go away and hunt.I know if I put my time in Ill get my chance last year it was a hole to hours
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How in the heck is that diminishing ANYONE'S accomplishments? What are you reading into this that you don't like, Scott?

Talk about taking things personally........geesh!

It's a COMPLIMENT to some guys I know. Nothing more.
I didn't take offense to anything you just said, I just pointed out an inaccuracyfrom what you said earlier isall...

The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....

....well....you know.
How do you know this? How do you know your buddies could go to one of the guys location who is killing big racked deer and do the same?

It's speculation and taking away from the other guys success....

Just my opinion.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

I think there are a lot who DO get everything out of their land that they can. I'm friends with a few of them.....and they frequent this forum. The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....
I think people are falling in love with the big racks (probably the most obvious statement I have ever made!). You cannot compare antlers in IL to antlers in FL. BUT, you can compare age, and with age in most cases comes quality headgear for that region. A 130" in IL is NOT the same as a 130" in IL. I know that I am preaching to the choir.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

I think there are a lot who DO get everything out of their land that they can. I'm friends with a few of them.....and they frequent this forum. The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....
I think people are falling in love with the big racks (probably the most obvious statement I have ever made!). You cannot compare antlers in IL to antlers in FL. BUT, you can compare age, and with age in most cases comes quality headgear for that region. A 130" in IL is NOT the same as a 130" in IL. I know that I am preaching to the choir.
Why is that? Do they use different rulers?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Scott:

I just pointed out an inaccuracyfrom what you said earlier isall...
No. No, you didn't. There isn't an "inaccuracy". I meant exactly what I said and NOT what you read into it.

See.......these guys I'm talking about......They're ALREADY killing mature deer. They just don't live in places where the "average" 3.5 yr old is a "large racked" buck. I started a thread a few weeks ago asking about an "average 3.5 yr old in everyone's area. Look it up. Interesting.

How do you get THIS....

How do you know this? How do you know your buddies could go to one of the guys location who is killing big racked deer and do the same?
Out of THIS?

The difference in them and some of the guys killing big racked deer on a regular basis is.....
Did you miss the "some"? Not only are you twisting my words......you're coming across as QUITE defensive. Why?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff... Jeff... Jeff... You see the reason you get into all these arguments is that you think everyone has the same opportunities you do. It's all relative. I can put you in thousands of acres and have you so frustrated you'll come unglued. It is and always has been... location. Yes someone may read something into something you say in one of these "SUPPOSE" threads you start, but I have to suggest you may be starting from an unbalanced starting point. It's suppose to be fun. You're not as good as you think you are and no one is as bad as you think they are. The truth is, the guy that does a little scouting and plays the wind will win in the long run. I don't care if it's deep woods, God help us food plots, or just plop down next to a tree. I say to you all, YES... someone else can come into your woods and do better than you. Someone else can come into your woods and do worse. If you feel a need to make it a contest, well hell, you just aren't enjoying hunting.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Why is that? Do they use different rulers?
There are MANY more 130"ers in IL than in FL. So, by comparison, 130" in IL is "smaller" than a FL 130".

Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff...

First, I was not nor am I now being defensive.

It is just annoying beyond what my words could everbegin to describe hearing about location this and location that..... It is your go to line, reason, excuse or what everone wants tocall it anytime antler size is mentioned.

Who cares that NC or FL deer are smaller than Kansas deer? I sure don't and I would guess most others don't either... But yet we have to read about location, location, location anyhow.

I just can't understand how this post keeps going back to antler size. Nowit is aboutsomeof your buddies shooting "small" 3.5's at home thatcould shoot big 3.5's some where else....

Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I think we're having a QDM moment. LOL May they die in hell. lol
Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am lucky to even have a place to hunt in the military base I hunt...I am grateful they allow me to hunt. People around here hate giving out permission to hunt. I do not care what others do in terms of killing monster bucks. I love working hard at getting a crack at even one decent buck per year....that being said.....if anyone in northern Virginia would allow me to hunt on their private property I will give you half of all the deer meat I get!!!!!

Quick Reply: location.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.