Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things I saw on hunting TV shows

Old 04-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Things I saw on hunting TV shows

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

#2 Did your products really help you or are the companies relying on you for buisness? Im going to guess the later.

Just show me the hunt. I dont care about your promos and Props!!
You wouldnt have ahunt to watchif it wasnt for the promos and props. Simple as that. #2 the companies dont rely on them for buisiness the show relys on the company for money intern the buisiness relys on the viewers. Its a cycle that can't be broke. WCL
Thats true. I just hate it when a good hunting show turns in to an infomercial[:'(]
Old 04-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Wing chaser is 100% correct if you like watching these shows you have to realize almost every aspect of it is a comercial for some type of product out there. If they didn't spend the money to advertise there prodcts on the show you wouldn't have a show to watch.
Besides you and I both know if scent blocker came to you and offered you a job hunting for a living and all you had to do was wear there clothes they gave you for free and mention there name a few times you would do it too

MC
Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also hate when they make a bad shot and talk it up to be a great shot instead of telling the truth!
Old 04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

the drury videos are an infomercial for MAD calls frst and scent blocker and PSE second.
Mark Allen Drury makes MAD calls why do you think that the shows exist.

MC
Old 04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

This entire post is why I rarely watch hunting shows.

If I want to see hunting and not an infomercial, I watcha Drury video...or Primos video.

Joking?

Scent-Blocker? B-Mobile? Mossy Oak?

Old 04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

This entire post is why I rarely watch hunting shows.

If I want to see hunting and not an infomercial, I watcha Drury video...or Primos video.

Joking?

Scent-Blocker? B-Mobile? Mossy Oak?

Exactly, if there is a hunting video made, it costs someone money. Since usually one person cannot finance this on his own, they get a sponsor. I see nothing wrong with this, who cares if you gotta listen to them pitch a product for a couple seconds, go take a leak or get a cup of jo in the mean timeif you dont like it!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its all sad but the truth of the matter is everyone always looks at the negatives of things.I'm sure all of us have done at least a couple of the things mentioned throughout and other stupider things that aren't mentioned. Yeah those things should be edited out but in reality it really doesnt matter cuz everyone, no matter who you are is going to get excitedat some point in time and even justshooting at the rangeand take actions that are really not safe but go unlooked or ever noticed. I'm sure we've all done alot of dangerous things in our day with out us or anyone else even noticing we did it......... Now how about all the good thigns hunting shows have done for safety and preserving hunting by promoting safety harnessess, not loading the gun till ready to hunt or shoot, make non hunters aware of how important huntign is and give them a chance to see it (even though its not always sowing the truth), educate kids on hunting and safety skills, QDM practicing and other deer management practices, ect....... After its all said and done i think hunting shows do more good than bad for the sport and no matter how much editting can be done people are stupid and are going to do stupid things no matter if they see it on TV or not. People are stupid and get caught up in the moment and I don't think anyone can say they have never done a dangerous thing or never will do a dangerous thign again while hunting. WCL
I agree with you wingchaser. There are many positives as well. But I believe we as hunters have to police ourselves in order to protect our sport. #'s 1&3 pertain to gun safety. I'm a big gun safety nut. If people see those guns being mishandled they may do the same and get hurt or killed. I believe the TV shows should err toward the safe side and have the ability to edit gun handling errors out. #2 is just a little cheesy for my taste. Not a real big deal. My intent was to improvenot put down. We run into these guys at shows and I think we shoud share our thoughts with them. I didn't mean to come off negative. I'm glad you posted.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know you weren't bein negative. Shows do do alot of safety though and things get missed. WCL
Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know you weren't bein negative. Shows do do alot of safety though and things get missed. WCL
In all do respect what Magic was saying about the gun stuff should not get missed!! I'm a safety nut myself when using a gun so that part is frustrating to me as well. The other stuff to me isn't really a big deal although I don't really care for it but like you had said the products there displaying are the company's who are paying for there air time.

Quick Reply: Things I saw on hunting TV shows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.