Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why do some guys like Slow bows?

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

To get back to the original question, I don't think that anyone likes to shoot a slow bow. Cost, shootability, arrow weight, and a hundred other factors come into play when talking about arrow speed. We can get attached to a particular bow but if somehow we could add another 50 fps to our favorite bow without sacrificing anything few people would not take advantage of that.

Think again!!! I love shooting my slow bow!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said Kid....
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Brian/MI

People's perspectives change on what is considered "sufficient".
Compare it to gas prices... gas around here is averaging 3.50 a gallon. How many people would be happy if gas was at $2.00 a gallon, Everyone would, but think about not too long ago when it was like $1.00 a gallon.

Since bows made it over 320 fps, all of a sudden 250 fps is not sufficient enough to kill a deer. i dont know about you, but deer skin isn't getting any thicker.
Amen! There is nothing like a little marketing and hype to make you "think" that you "need" something.....
Old 04-25-2008, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

I guess you could call my bow slow (280 fps) compared to some of the dual cam fast bows out right now. I like the smooth easy draw, 80% let off, short Axle to Axle, low shock and quiet shooting. Having the fastest bow doesn't impress me anymore and hasn't for quite some time.
Amen! You tell em' brother! You and I are about the smartest one's in the bunch! How do those slick tricks shoot from the black ice? if you notice I have them in my sig but have yet to test fire them.