Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why does some people want a speed bow?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why does some people want a speed bow?

I'm so confused on why this matters, to you.

If you're happy with your bow, nothing else should matter.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Night.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Good Night.
I agree good night.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: bow huntert

My bow is an 2004 model, why do some people by a new faster bow every year?
I'm not one of them. The bow I hunt with is a '97 model. The reason I don't have a new one yet is because I can't find a new one that matches my old one as far as meeting my needs.

I shoot 66 lbs @ 275 fps. I use/prefer fixed pins, 4 of them, 20-50. I like a smooth draw and a non-critical valley. I have a long DL and many modern bows will meet my needs and achieve the 275 fps. I use fixed blade BH's and don't want to exceed 275.

Most of the bows I've tried had one or more things that I didn't like... harsh draw..... crashing into the valley..... draw stop making a string slap noise..... a critical valley that wants to tear your arm off if you creep just the slightest........ etc.

Until I find one that I'm totally comfortable with, I'll keep using my old trusty one!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Good grief guys....7 pages in 2 hours[&:]
Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original: GregH

I'm not one of them. The bow I hunt with is a '97 model. The reason I don't have a new one yet is because I can't find a new one that matches my old one as far as meeting my needs.

I shoot 66 lbs @ 275 fps. I use/prefer fixed pins, 4 of them, 20-50. I like a smooth draw and a non-critical valley. I have a long DL and many modern bows will meet my needs and achieve the 275 fps. I use fixed blade BH's and don't want to exceed 275.

Most of the bows I've tried had one or more things that I didn't like... harsh draw..... crashing into the valley..... draw stop making a string slap noise..... a critical valley that wants to tear your arm off if you creep just the slightest........ etc.

Until I find one that I'm totally comfortable with, I'll keep using my old trusty one!
And that my friend is "gospel".

LT
Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
Honestly I like speed because of more than one reason but I won't sacrifice shootability or forgiveness to have speed.
That pretty much sums it up. If you can shoot a speed bow and shoot it well, why in the world would you NOT shoot it?? It can (and will) only give you a flatter harder hitting and more lethal projectile. Bottom line is it will do everything the slower bow will do .......and then some.

This of courseall hinges on the fact that you can shoot it just as well as a slower more forgiving bow and lets face it,a lot of folks here can do just that. To them I say "More power to ya"<-----------Pun intended.

P.S. My bow shoots in the 275-280 range and I'm as happy as a lark with it.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bow huntert

Why not go to an heavier arrow for more KE use the bow for what its made for the KE but it would slow it down some.
But why do people think the need ofthat much KE when 50 or 75% of thatwill do.
LMAO! Dude, Make up your mind....is it more KE or less KE?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If some people worried about shot placement as much as they worry about speed and KE, there would be no problem. Some people love the speed...some love the KE...and some hone their skills on shot placement more so than others...to each his or her own. Speed is nice though!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:48 AM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Good grief guys....7 pages in 2 hours[&:]
Very insightful. Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Quick Reply: Why does some people want a speed bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.