Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer meat wraped in bacon

Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer meat wraped in bacon

Ok. Thank you sir!!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are sissies! I just thaw my deer meat out and take a bite.

Seriously, you guys are killing me. These recipes sound so good and I'm starving here.

I have a recipe for marinading chops (backstrap). I use 1 large bottle Italian dressing, 2 Tbls white wine,1 Tbls balsamic vinegar, some Worcestershire sause, and some seasoning of your choice (I like Montreal Steak, or Broiled Steak Seasoning).

Let the meat tenderize in this for less than an hour and grill. You can't leave it in there too long though or all of that vinegar turns the meat.

MmmmmMmm!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Here's one that works well on deer, elk, and bison. Place tenderloins ina large zip lock bag. Mix one cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of chopped garlic, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and 1/8 cup of fresh chopped rosemary. Mix well and pour in bag with meat. Let set in refrigerator overnight. Put in baking pan and lay bacon strips over meat. Bake at 350 until middle is 135 degrees. I'm getting fairly hungry while typing this. Time to go to lunch
Old 04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

I won on Iron Chef cuz all I did was copy everything the Iron Chef made exactly, and then wrapped it all in bacon.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am gonna give this a try next year! I am not sure how greasy/Pain in the A@@ its gonna be when cooking, but it sure sounds TASTY!! Anyone ever tried it?

SLICK TRICK BURGERS:
Ingredients: Slick Trick deer and bacon
Instructions: Grind up deer and bacon together. Use 20-40 % bacon. Make into patties. Fry in skillet or on grill. Beat others away.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe has not been approved by the FDA. But if you die, you will die happy.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

OOOOO.....Yer killin me....Love the bacon on the venison...speaking of beer....drinking a Miller CHILL right now...not bad.....makes me feel like I'm in CANCUN MEXICO
Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys tried the poppers with your deer yet???? Half a jalapeno, clean out seeds, fill with cream cheese put your strip of meat on wrap with bacon put on a skewer and continue till you have all your skewers full then grill....add beer and you have a meal, everytime I invite folks over thats the first thing they ask...."you making the deer poppers?"....Good stuff!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

drinking a Miller CHILL right now...not bad.....makes me feel like I'm in CANCUN MEXICO
Which is exactly where I WILL be in less than 100 hrs.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try taking that backstrap and cut it into 1 inch cubes and then marinate it in honey over night then wrap it with bacon and grill.UM UM UM!!! Walt
Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Try taking that backstrap and cut it into 1 inch cubes and then marinate it in honey over night then wrap it with bacon and grill.UM UM UM!!! Walt
OMG that sounds good. I will be trying that one.

Quick Reply: Deer meat wraped in bacon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.