Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Katera Vs General

Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Katera Vs General

Okay, so what would these bows shoot (FPS). Set at 55 pounds and 26 " DL Both with recomended arrow weight? What is it 5 or 6 grains per pound?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Katera Vs General

Why compare Hoyt's low brace height speed bow to the Smoothest, quietest bow in BowTech's lineup which is no where near the fastest. If you want to compare a BowTech to the Katera, stack the Airborne 82 up against it. That is more of an apples to apples comparison.

Dan
Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoesBow

Okay, so what would these bows shoot (FPS). Set at 55 pounds and 26 " DL Both with recomended arrow weight? What is it 5 or 6 grains per pound?
Wow thats a heck of a comparison. Well the Katera is obiviously a speed bow and the General will be the smoothest bow you ever shot!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a smooth bow go with the General. If you want a fast bow go with the Katera but I wouldn't stop here there are much smoother and faster bows on the market. 82nd is a faster bow than the Katera buttherehard to compare to each other, 82nd is fastand the Kateraperforms good all the wayaround
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You cannot pick a bow on what the specs say, or based on someone else's opinion about what the smoothest bow is. I shoot the Katera and I think it is very smooth and it sure does not shoot like a low BH bow. IMO it is very forgiving, very smooth, and yes it is fast. However, you may shoot it and think it is crap. Get an idea of what you want to shoot and then go shoot them. We are all different in likes and dislikes, so the only person that can say "this is what I am looking for" is you. Go shoot shoot them all and then make your own decission.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Alright , Lets try this a differnt way. I have the general on a layaway plan, and have been paying for it for the last month. My dl is 26" and due to another post recentlyI am wondering if i should of went with my second choice. (the katera), I do still have the option of switching and just wanted your thoughts. I guess I just wanted to know what speed to expect out of the General with a decent weighted arrow and the speed mods installed. Thanks guys. I realize its not apples to apples but it was the two bows I decided I liked after months of looking and It kinda came down to a coin flip, and I hate to second guess myself.