Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Non Turkey Hunters...

Old 04-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Default Non Turkey Hunters...

For those of use who aren't bowhunting turkeys right now, what do you fill our free time with?

I've been getting all of the fishig stuff ready amongst the endless cycle of homework, study sessions, and work. I've also used some of my downtime to do some armchair scouting of a property I should have access to this fall.

Also been following the NHL playoffs - can't forget about a true sport like hockey.

So let's hear it - What else are ya'll doing?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Default RE: Non Turkey Hunters...

Bowhunting Turkeys....[8D]

But when Im not Im rigging the boat for Bowfishing Season, practicing with the new fly rod, MOWING ALL THE TIME, class, girlfriend, practicing with the bow.

Just found out today that to replace the throttle box on my boat will cost me a whopping $265.[:@]and that is with a middle of nowhere hick mechanic, buthe truly knows his stuff....Just think if I took it toa ripoff marine shop. That thing better accelerate smooth as silk now...lmao. I still need lights for nighttime bowfishing, which will run another couple hundred dollars as well.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

uhhh im a trout bum...im not gunna beat around the bush...last week i fished mon, tue and thursday...woulda have fished friday saturday and sunday if i didnt take a youth turkey hunting saturday(had to prep friday...saturday we hunted...sunday i was still too tired to fish)

this week i fished today..fishing tomorrow and thursday again...then its turkey season...im not cool enough to bowhunt them though.....

oh ya...i goto college full time honestly about wrapped up the semester...got 1 more project and some tests yet...but really im about done...just gotta be present...so my down time im fishing! till next week then i will be chasin birds......with the 12 gauge...i like 1200fps better than 260...

honestly, just dont have the time to turkey hunt with a bow...and dont have the hunting style...if i did it, it would be no blind...no decoys...no fields...thats just how i turkey hunt. not saying its impossible...but it aint going to be simple. i just know i dont have the time to put into it right now in life...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We are done with shed hunting for the most part so I just kick back and take it easy when I get a day off. Spring's work on the farm has started so that will take most of my time until June.

Tim
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shed hunting,getting ready to put in the food plots, and spending time with the family.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trout fishing, my kids and coaching baseball. I do hope to make it up to Rob/ PaBowyer's house so he can show me the ropes on hunting Turkeys and possibly put me on one with the bow!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yard work this year!! Next year it will be turkey hunting though.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 AM

Bear hunting and fishing.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 AM

Shooting them with a shotgun!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Setting lines in the creek catching catfish.

Quick Reply: Non Turkey Hunters...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.