Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better Turkey Broadhead? BULLHEAD or GUILLOTINE?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Better Turkey Broadhead? BULLHEAD or GUILLOTINE?

I am thinking about hunting turkey with a bow and was needed you alls imput on who makes the better broadhead, BULLHEAD or GUILLOTINE?
Please include how hard they are (each) to sight in and which ones fly better and whatever else will help me in determining which broadhead to go with.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Better Turkey Broadhead? BULLHEAD or GUILLOTINE?

From what I have heard, the magnus is more accurate, but it is smaller and works for body shots. The Guillotine has a larger cutting diameter, but it has straws on the blades, and dosent seem to be as accurate. For head shots, I believe the guillotine would do better, but the bullhead will work for head and body shots, so I don't really know which is better, me...im using using rage 2 blade!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

How far out are these things accurate. I would have killed for one of these Friday when that bird didn't stop walking. I could have taken him out with a head shot when he stopped behind the deadfall.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to use either; or, but I don't want to go buy a longer arrow[&:]
Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evKubUuqwo&feature=related

Here is an "about" the bullhead video
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

I use the 4 inch Guillotine and I am 6'5" so finding a long enough arrow was a chalange so I tuned the arrow so that the blades were offset enough to clear my sight when I draw. I have used them with success out to 30 yards but I have'nt even tried past that a turkeys head is to small and moves to quick for me past that.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have heard, the magnus is more accurate, but it is smaller and works for body shots. The Guillotine has a larger cutting diameter, but it has straws on the blades, and dosent seem to be as accurate. For head shots, I believe the guillotine would do better, but the bullhead will work for head and body shots, so I don't really know which is better,
3" cut bullhead to the body of a turkey? I doubt it would get enough penetration. The Bullhead was designed to be a head/neck broadhead, like the guillotine. The bullheads are tougher for sure. You can actually shoot a bullhead many times into a foam target without ruining the blades, not true with the guillotine.
They both take special/long arrows do to the extra long blades. They both work great on turkeys when you hit the head or neck. Which is most accurate? We've found that they both CAN be accurate with an arrow with good long fletchings with some helical. That much blade on the front really needs a lot of fletch on the back to stabilize.
The bullheads don't use straws because the blades actually have a slight angle to them to help stabilize in flight, the straws on the guillotine where to help prevent the blades fromsteering the arrow. The little straws don't effect penetration any, but kind of a pain in the butt.
Both of them also are kind of a pain to carry since they don't fit well into a quiver. But we jusst add foam to the quiver so that the head doesn't have to fit into the hoody.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

From what I have heard, the magnus is more accurate, but it is smaller and works for body shots. The Guillotine has a larger cutting diameter, but it has straws on the blades, and dosent seem to be as accurate. For head shots, I believe the guillotine would do better, but the bullhead will work for head and body shots, so I don't really know which is better,
3" cut bullhead to the body of a turkey? I doubt it would get enough penetration. The Bullhead was designed to be a head/neck broadhead, like the guillotine. The bullheads are tougher for sure. You can actually shoot a bullhead many times into a foam target without ruining the blades, not true with the guillotine.
They both take special/long arrows do to the extra long blades. They both work great on turkeys when you hit the head or neck. Which is most accurate? We've found that they both CAN be accurate with an arrow with good long fletchings with some helical. That much blade on the front really needs a lot of fletch on the back to stabilize.
The bullheads don't use straws because the blades actually have a slight angle to them to help stabilize in flight, the straws on the guillotine where to help prevent the blades fromsteering the arrow. The little straws don't effect penetration any, but kind of a pain in the butt.
Both of them also are kind of a pain to carry since they don't fit well into a quiver. But we jusst add foam to the quiver so that the head doesn't have to fit into the hoody.
Know a guy who completed the slam this year already with the bullheads. He was shooting the 2" ones and took a couple of the turkeys with head shots and took a couple right up the butt and got 10-11 inches of penetration with em. His wife was usin the 3 inchers and took all head shots. He said they were very impressive BHs. WCL