Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Animals?

Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Animals?

ORIGINAL: CNYhunter

What animals would you not shoot with your bow? I was watching Bowhunting TV and they were hunting stingrays. That is one animal that I would not shoot if given the chance. There are also others that I have seen on TV that I would not hunt either. But I can not think of right now.
I shot a squirel, rabit, deer, turkeys, and a robin when I Wwas a kid
Old 04-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

MM,

It's hunting man! Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it's hard. Do you think they are going to show the hard hunts on TV? Here's an insert from an incident that happened to a PH I hunted with:

[align=center]
PH Killed By Elephant

Published: June - 2007 [/align]Over in Botswana we have news of a PH being killed in the field. South African PH Christo Andre Kaiser, owner of Unico Hunting Safaris, was killed by an elephant on May 11. He was in the field with Spanish clients in NG42 in northern Bots- wana, on an elephant safari booked through Johan Calitz Safaris, when the fatal accident occurred. It seems Kaiser and his tracker left the safari vehicle to look over some elephants in a pan when a cow elephant they had not seen charged without warning. Kaiser, who for some reason was unarmed, and the tracker ran back to the vehicle for cover, but the elephant overtook Kaiser, mortally wounding him.

Christo left behinda wife and three daughters-the oldest girl could not be more than ten years of age. You can bet all those that knew Christoare still saying "oh boy, I can't believe this".

Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

I won't shoot anything that I don't know what it is.

Hey, lookit the "thing-a-ma- bob" I just shot! [:'(]
Old 04-18-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

I am one who tends to think the world isn't flat- call it the Viking in me! You know, it's funny. I listen to you guys and I'm totally stumped.Why are ya'll so set in your ways?I mean, what is wrong with exploring beyond your own backyard? Are you afraid the boogie man is going to get you? Where's the Lewis andClark in you? I am sure, if given the chance, Daniel Boone would have swallowed a hippo. God knowshe ate plenty of beaver!
Right on Huck....I feel the same way when I read a lot of these threads and guys say they have no desire to hunt anything other than whitetail. I believe if I only hunt whitetail the rest of my life I will be missing out on a hell of a lot. Like you said, the world isn't flat.....get out there and enjoy as much of it as you can.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss of a hunting buddy. My feelings remain the same on this subject about elephants, and it is my oppinion, so please respect it. Now I would love to wack a Kudo or Water Buck with my bow and stick, I think that would be splended!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

MM,

No disrespect intended, I apologize if I've upset you. I was merely trying to point out that hunting is not always black and white. Elephant hunting is necessary to maintain a health herd and environment. Moreover,these beasts are a far cry from being sad puppies waiting to have an arrow driven through thier bodies-that's all.

I think it's great! Ipray you do arrowa water buck or kudu. Gemsbok are awesome also!