Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Animals?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Animals?

Stingrays are a great target. Many places down south consider them like carp and have bounties on em for removing them. Bowfishing in its self is an excellent sport. I think I'd shoot just about anythign thats legal to tell the honest truth. If it is legally huntable someone or something is always benefiting from it not just the hunter who takes the animal. Many people say they dont like african hunts when in reality african hunts are great for africa and benefit it in more ways than it does if no one but natives hunted it. Poaching is huge there and lagal hunts there provide protection to those animals cuz now it makes the animals worth something to all the people there through funds and feeding hungry people there. Everyone has there opinion though adn thats why we all hunt diff thigns for diff reasons and thats what makes the sport so great. WCL
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could only really kill something if I inteneded to consume it. I just can't kill to kill.. if you eat it.. I have no problem with what you kill.

Yes.. I've taken a few yotes in my day. And no I have not eaten them. But their numbers have more than multiplied by 10.. over the past few years.. and they are staring to hurt my whitetail.. so I've put a personal cap of 3 yotes year in and year out for myself. Last season alone I saw more than 40 of them...
Old 04-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zebra and Giraffe. I've had the chance to shoot both, but had zero interest even if it was free...
Old 04-16-2008, 06:20 PM

I also would not shoot African animals. I did not realize that stingrays were that much of a problem. Knowing that they are a problem, I would be willing to give it a shot.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm really suprised so many guys won't shoot an african animal. I wonder if guys in africa, are saying how they could never shoot a deer or an elk???? [&:]
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iwould have loved to kill a Mt. Lion as I think they are great looking animals.Though I could & can afford to hunt them I have not done it as I feel it would be just to kill one. I have been blessed with 52 years of great Bowhunts & memories & many a grilled wild game steak or meal.
I can only think of one animal I would shoot, just to kill. A coyote.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Wouldn't shoot any african game, or those exotic sheep.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 PM

my taste buds are just not excited about elephant meat...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 PM

only shoot what I can eat.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have consumed both African Lion and Colorado Mt. Lion (it's the law). I have had the pleasure of dining on Elephant, Eland, Zebra, Croc, Alligator, Buffalo, Bighorned sheep, Mt. Goat...and the list goes on. At one point in my hunting career, I sort of felt there was no need to hunt African. you know, with all the game we have on North America...

Now, not only will I hunt N.A., I will make tremendous efforts to hunt Africa every other year until I die! I will try elsewhere on the off years (Asia for example). I am one who tends to think the world isn't flat- call it the Viking in me! You know, it's funny. I listen to you guys and I'm totally stumped.Why are ya'll so set in your ways?I mean, what is wrong with exploring beyond your own backyard? Are you afraid the boogie man is going to get you? Where's the Lewis andClark in you? I am sure, if given the chance, Daniel Boone would have swallowed a hippo. God knowshe ate plenty of beaver!

Zebra was one of the best meats I've consumed! I ate a skewered capybara (a gaint rodent) from the barbeque. Again, one of the best meats I have ever eaten! Heck, I'd even eat coyote if I were hungry enough.

Ok, now I want ya'll to cup your two hands in front of your body. Image how much meat would fit into those two cupped hands. Now, I want you to image how many people that amount of meat would feed in a month's time. Yep, in Africa, that amount of meat feeds a family for an entire month. I guess that's why I go to Africa to hunt. Many people benefit from my efforts...just because you don't eat it, it doesn't mean it goes to waste! It takes a tremendous amount of effort to be a conservationist.

The lion I killed and ate in Africa was a nine year old rogue female.For the previous three years, that particularlioness was going about killing every other lioness' cubs. Theconservation officers were delighted I killed her!The meat from the carcass was consumed, the money I spent pays for anti-poaching patrols, and more cubs will see tomorrow...win, win, win!

There is a time and a place for everything. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've been told "you will never"! Keep an open mind, have fun, step out...enjoy your life!

If there's a reason to kill it, or it needs to be killed...... well, Iamyourhuckleberry!

Quick Reply: What Animals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.