Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ALL over my decoy & trying to get in the blind!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ALL over my decoy & trying to get in the blind!

I've never been scared while hunting, until last year. I got permission to hunt a new property but the only access was through a small pasture with 8 or 9 head of cattle. No bulls, and a few calves. I'd walked by them several times and they'd look my way and keep on chewing. One morning they met me at the gate. No biggy, shew and a stomp they moved out of the way. Picture it, pitch black me hoofing it across the pasture to the other gate, maybe 100 yards, and I here a freakin stampede. I switch on the light and there are 2 mommas hauling a$$ right at. I turn around and stomp they hit the brakes. I commence to walking and here they come again. I turn around yell, they slam on the brakes 20 foot from me. At this point I was honestly terrified, I had my 7 mag over my shoulder and was within a knats A$$ of using it. I walked backwards for a little ways seeing if they'd pursue me, they didn't but I didn't like the idea of potentially stepping/falling in cow pooh. So I turned and sprinted the last 40 or so yards and scaled the gate like a freakin pole vaulter. Right as I hit the ground on the other side the biggest momma nudges the gate as she slipps on the dew and all 16 eyes were within arms reach (8 cows * 2 eys a piece). Needless to say I'm not looking forward to going back this year, awesome land but I'm scared it's gonna end up costing the land owner a cow or me a new pair of drawers!!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 AM

GUYS I GOT THE BEST IDEA.....EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT UP AND COMING GTG'S.....THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE GAMES....WHO CAN SIT IN THE BLIND LONGEST IN THE BULL FIELD....LIKE I SAID, I KNOW OF A GOOD BULL TO USE HERE IN WV THAT WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PAR-TAKE! ISN'T GMMAT HAVING A GTG AT HIS HOUSE SOON?MAYBE SOME ONE SHOULD BRING A BULL!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice. At least you had something by your blind this morning. lol. I didn't have anything close enough to shoot at this morning. They flew down on the neighbor's field instead of ours. Drove around the block there and there was like 4 toms fanned out and like 30 other turkeys with them.[:@]