Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ALL over my decoy & trying to get in the blind!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ALL over my decoy & trying to get in the blind!

In saying that Rob.....you're more than welcome to go and experience it AGAIN with me......lol.

I think we'll be better off staying close to the house where we KNOW birds are.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you say Charlais' for supper? There good eating beef!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Although cows are typically not aggressive.....a cow with a calf is an unknown. I opted for the silent treatment.
Oh believe me Jeff, cows with calves can be worse than the bulls. On the farm I used to help/hunt, they raised beef cattle. We used to run down the calves with ATV's and jump off and tackle them to put tags in the ears. Trust me when I say it takes two, one to tackle the calf and the other to use a baseball bat on momma when she tries to plant your ass into the dirt. Silent might have been your best bet.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

One thing cool about the land I was hunting yesterday.....I remember walking that area with my grandpa.......about 33 yrs ago. He and my great uncle had, at any given time, 500 head of cattle. The trees are bigger.....but it still looks the same.

In all those years of being around them......I saw him have to hit one, one time. it was a cow with a calf that I got too close to. She got a hoe handle to the noggin.....and seemed no worse for wear.[8D]

I was actually afraid the bull in the adjacent pasture might find or MAKE hole in the fence with all the ruckus the cows were making around my blind.

I'll admit to peering out and wondering if I could make it over to the closest tree to climb.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 AM

haha thats funny right there
Old 04-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though you didnt see any turkey, im sure that will be one of your more memorable turkey sits this season. Great pics Jeff.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like cows. They make me uneasy being around them. I don't think I would have liked them poking thier head in my blind.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Can you say Charlais' for supper? There good eating beef!!
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM

I DEER HUNT ON COW FARMS IN WV.. A COW WILL FOLLOW YOU AROUND IF THEY THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE GRAIN OR APPLES...WHEN THEY SEE THE FARMER IT'S DINNER TIME....THEY BUG THE CRAP OUT OF ME....COW WITH A CALF CAN BE DANGEROUS.....BULL TOO...IF YOU SET THAT BLIND UP IN THE BULL'S FIELD...YOU WOULD GET TO SEE THE POWER THAT ANIMAL HOLDS....THE FARM IN MASON WV THAT I HUNT HAS A BULL THATHASPUSHED CARS AROUND IF THERE LEFT IN HIS FIELD....I'VE HUNTED AROUND THEM FOR YEARS AND THEY STILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME WHEN THERE TOO CLOSE...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A VIDEO OF YOU IN THAT BLIND IN THE BULLS FIELD...YOU COULD BE A YOUTUBE HERO!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol

Quick Reply: ALL over my decoy & trying to get in the blind!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.