Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

moving to montana?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Default moving to montana?

i have put this up 1week ago not many hits ? where in montana good location for whitetails? great location place i can get in with out payin

Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: moving to montana?

I recommend you consider your job options over whitetails in Montana. You will find yourself chasing other game animals when you move to Montana. You will hunt elk, black bear, mule deer, pronghorn antelope,mountain goat, big horn sheep &moose.
Dont foget about the fishing.
Helena, Great Falls, Bozeman & Billings are all good location. The bigger citys provide more abundent and better paying jobs.

Good luck,

WK
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eastern Montana, on the Milk River

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Wolf Killer, the best hunting area isn't worth a dime if you don't have money to play the game. I have hunted the area between Billings and Yellowstone. Loaded with Mule Deer, bear, and elk. There were whitetails plenty of whitetails also, but over looked when you have everything else.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd move out there in a heart beat if I knew I could make a good living out there. Jobs are tough in the middle of no where. The middle of no where Is where I would like to be. East of Fort Peck has got some good whitetail hunting from what I've heard.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'd move out there in a heart beat if I knew I could make a good living out there. Jobs are tough in the middle of no where. The middle of no where Is where I would like to be. East of Fort Peck has got some good whitetail hunting from what I've heard.
Exactly. Glasgow to be exact
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Exactly. Glasgow to be exact
Thats it!! You the man Kyle!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest whitetails in that state dont come from the Milk River...and that is a lot of private farm ground that is locked up....the whitetail hunting is tougher in other parts of the state.. BIG WOODS...but some real hawgs are killed on the west side from Dillon Mt all the way up to Kalispell... Montanas state record 199 typical ... was killed in Missoula County.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

the only place up htere i hear about is the milk river
Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

the only place up htere i hear about is the milk river
Because the realtree boys own/lease? a lot of the land on and around the milk river

Quick Reply: moving to montana?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.