Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My big bowhunting purchase this year will be...

Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My big bowhunting purchase this year will be...

I never felt the need to carry in the woods. I want one everytime I am in a big city. Kinda sad when you think about it!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I have one spot where I carry. In fact, that reminds me that I have to renew my permit. There are a ton of deer in this spot, but it is very sketchy. Lots of burned out cars in the woods from theft and joy rides, I ran into a meth head in there, and my car has been broken into once already. I hunt it less and less because of this, but it is such a good spot.

Here is my noise maker, Kimber Ultra Carry II w/night sights and Crimson Trace laser grip in .45 ACP:

I'll look into it. Sights are nice but I wonder how practical they are on this caliber. Doesn't need to be specific in placement to stop something, just connect. I can see the sights on a smaller caliber. Either way they are something.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:19 PM

Heres my Glock 23 .40 cal. I also got my concealed carry permit just to be legal and all.[8D]I thought about carrying it with me hunting but it would be more of a pain than anything. Hell, I don't even carry it while traveling. Its been in my nightstand drawer for three months now.[&:]

Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

im not that worried about it to be honest, even though there have been bear, and cougar sightings where i hunt.. we have seen bears and cougars even, not just stuff you hear about
Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Heres my Glock 23 .40 cal. I also got my concealed carry permit just to be legal and all.[8D]I thought about carrying it with me hunting but it would be more of a pain than anything. Hell, I don't even carry it while traveling. Its been in my nightstand drawer for three months now.[&:]
That's to be expected, but your a step closer than most, you've got the permit and gun.[8D]
Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 PM

Yep, guess your'e right. Its a fun gun to play around with but darn ammo is getting expensive.[:@]
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

im not that worried about it to be honest, even though there have been bear, and cougar sightings where i hunt.. we have seen bears and cougars even, not just stuff you hear about
I think it's time to get used to it. There are more and more sightings of all kinds of animals. When they start to become numerous they'll travel in packs and hunt in teams, they will have plenty of practise on game to have an order. Wont take them long to figure out that one can be seen while the other/s come up from behind. I've seen all kinds of animals move when a distraction occurs.

Not only that, there are more and more people being attacked in the woods. The female hiker comes to mind. She had her dog, she new martial arts, she was in shape, she's dead, her love ones grieve even more after hearing the story.

If you were female, would you feel safe bowhunting alone in a strange area? How can you help them if your ignorant?

Came home from work the other day to see my 15 yr old daughter and 13 yr old, brown belt well on his way to black son shooting their bows. Martial arts isn't all many think it is, if it was we'd send them to fight wars.

It's timefor people to take personal protection seriously. Bow hunters are best suited (there are exceptions, child like name calling would be a good indicator) because they have cultivated patience and are observant.