Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My big bowhunting purchase this year will be...

Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My big bowhunting purchase this year will be...

here's my XD I bought at Gander Mountain last week.

Weekend results:

Pie plate all day at 50 yards with a gun rest. 230 gr. FMJ UMC Remingtons

It was a blast to play with at 25 yards and 20 feet off hand.....My buddy bought the same gun in the 9mm...surprisingly the 9mm was equal in accuracy to my 45 when I shot his...

Here is my XD.....Very coincidental nodog posted this...really cool because I just picked this baby up last week at Gander...$550 out the door 2 clips holster, loading assist, clip holder, case, and 1 free gun cleaning..and some hats and such.

Mine is not a sub compact, compact or tactical...standard XD with 4 inch barrel...it is the gun nodog posted...I think.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

its not legal in my woods but i dont care!!!!! i not gonna being 15 yards from yogi the bear this year at 5:45 in the am with a flash light an bow... never again...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Illegal here as well but there are crack and crank dealers here.Iwouldn't blame anyone for carrying.

I don't carry,heck,I sold all my pistols but if I weren't hunting closely monitored private ground,I would.Then I would fight it out in court.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

oops
Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too blocky, not my cup of tea, I'd rather have this one: http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory12.php It's more my style a little sleaker, and a little "sexier." Not the same capacity, but that's secondary if you shoot well!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Not legal in my woods. You big wussy.
Same here!

Dan
Old 04-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks good MW74 I'll be getting the compact or thesig sauer p220 in 45 acp. This one looks good as well andwhen I can't get away with conceling a full size piece I'd like to haveaS&W 642 airweight in 38 spl.with a set of crimson trace lazer grips. It will fit in your pocket.

Believe it or not there was a time in this country when it was illegal to go around unarmed, believe it or not. The times are changing, it's time for responsible adults to actresponsibly for the good of all. It's a burden, maturity often is and I have no desire to carry one and even less to own one, the thought of ever having to use one on another person turns my stomach. I'd rather they won the lottery and lived happily ever after, away from me.

Just look around everythings becoming more aggresive, even the animals are loosing their fear of man.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a good description of the piece.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/xd45subcom_071207/
Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think youd like the Taurus 1911 .45 better.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one spot where I carry. In fact, that reminds me that I have to renew my permit. There are a ton of deer in this spot, but it is very sketchy. Lots of burned out cars in the woods from theft and joy rides, I ran into a meth head in there, and my car has been broken into once already. I hunt it less and less because of this, but it is such a good spot.

Here is my noise maker, Kimber Ultra Carry II w/night sights and Crimson Trace laser grip in .45 ACP:

Quick Reply: My big bowhunting purchase this year will be...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.