Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has ever been busted while drawing?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has ever been busted while drawing?

Duke- I got a Tree near Algonquin Illinois for you!!! I have killed some great bucks on it but been busted more times than I can count. My current obsession was the last to bust me out on it after seeing my breath on a cold November morning last year.
Hey race... lets do it.. anytime. I'd love to hunt with you. Or shed with you.

But I didn't mean to sound cocky. I just can't remember being busted while in a tree. Ground yes. Tree no.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

deff have been made on the stand and in the blind. it happens. heheh
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Duke- I got a Tree near Algonquin Illinois for you!!! I have killed some great bucks on it but been busted more times than I can count. My current obsession was the last to bust me out on it after seeing my breath on a cold November morning last year.
Hey race... lets do it.. anytime. I'd love to hunt with you. Or shed with you.

But I didn't mean to sound cocky. I just can't remember being busted while in a tree. Ground yes. Tree no.
Sounds good, it is the tree that the doe can be seen walking under in a pic I posted last week. Excellent spot but no cover whatsoever. I will take a pic when I get back from Mexico from the ground and post it. I plan on using a tip from this site to add cover this year
Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, it is the tree that the doe can be seen walking under in a pic I posted last week. Excellent spot but no cover whatsoever. I will take a pic when I get back from Mexico from the ground and post it. I plan on using a tip from this site to add cover this year
Matt/Pa's ghetto tip?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Bartender

FRIDAY for sure DUKE or I will lazer blast you jedi style!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be prepared with tall rubber boots my friend. It will be an adventure fo sho.

The high water is going to isolate that whole piece.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Bartender

I will have my chest waders and if you need a set let me know?

T
Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I first started bowhunting I got busted all the time drawing. Then one day it just "clicked" and I started getting drawn back without getting busted. I have no idea what I was doing differently, but it works. The most recent time I was busted was 2 years ago by a fox. He was quartering away from me and facing the opposite way. I have no idea how he saw me, but he did. Like they say, "Sly as a..."
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Matt/Pa's ghetto tip?
[/quote

Matts tip, when you see a picture of the tree you will wonder how I ever shot a deer out of it to begin with. Classic case of Location Location Location without Vegitation.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that one of the hardest things for a new bowhunter to learn is when to draw, especially when hunting from the ground. Wait for that head to disappear behind a tree, rock, terrain feature, or wait until they are relaxed and looking another direction if you are in the open. Don't be afraid to draw early and hold the string back. That is the advantage of compound bows. Might as well use it.

Quick Reply: Who has ever been busted while drawing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.