Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shooting on a moving animal ?

I have no problem with anybody shootin at an animal that' s walkin if their confident
in makin the shot.
but, that said, after missin a 6 point this past season that was walkin, I' ll always try and stop a walkin deer from now on. won' t make that mistake again.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I might consider a shot on a slow moving deer, but I have yet to meet a deer that didn' t stop for a simple bleat.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are those 5 arrows in a decent group on a moving or standing target?
Old 02-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

If I cant stop them, then I wont take the shot. But most of the time they will stop if you just whistle or make a grunting noise with your mouth. I always draw my bow before I try to stop them.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would never take a shot I hadn' t practiced.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:00 AM

I always try to stop deer I shoot at with a grunt or bleat. However this is not always practical, I recently read an article by Randy Ulmer where he explains how Caribou sometimes will not stop moving. Sometimes you will need to be able to make a shot on a moving animal. He does stress that this is only acceptable at close range on slow moving animals. One of the best shooters in the world limits himself to 25 yds on slow moving game. He explains that a shaft moving 280fps will permit an animal walking at 20 yds. to cover nearly a foot from release to impact. The article is in this months Bowhunter and its called Tough Shots.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Taz, I had a HUGE 12 pointer walking quartering away at 15yds. I grunted, whistled, and even said " hey deer" and he payed no attention what so ever to me. I have had 3 deer not stop for me just in the bow season that just ended.
I didnt shoot. I had a HUGE 150class 12 pointer 15 yards away and I wasnt confident taking the shot. Ya know how frusterated I was after that. I stalked to 15yards on a 150 clas deer over the course of an hour and didnt get a shot cause he wouldnt stop. My buddy said " They dont read all them magazines, they dont kn ow they' re supposed to stop when you do that."
That sucked. I was thrilled just to be that close to such a magnificent animal but I was frusterated. I had one heck of an exciting year and that was one of the most exciting moments of all.
No, I wont shoot at a moving animal. Even if it is HUGE and only 15yds. away
Old 02-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.