Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-21-2003, 12:28 PM

Default RE: Shooting on a moving animal ?

Every situation has its own pros and cons. I personally if walking really, really slowly would shoot if it was 15 yards or less.
I don' t shoot past 30 anyways and what are the chances any deer will stay still as a statue for anything more than a few seconds? even when eating they are moving their heads and necks and there is never a guarantee they won' t move on the shot anyways. I passed on a dozen shots this year with the bow at less than 15 yards standing. I wouldn' t shoot anything walking fast.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting on a moving animal ?

For me this deer, depending how far(within 15 yards) and how fast(very slowly) , I might take a shot. I practice ALOT, but not enough for a deer moving to quick. Every situation is different and I personally wouldn' t rule it out! practice, practice, practice. Also if YOU feel confident about a moving shot, have at it! Make it count!!!!![:-]

easy...