Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

all of the shows do it now anyway
Old 04-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Disappointed in "White Freaks" tv.

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Rob- I saw the same show just a little bit ago, and the first thing that came to my mind was if they spent as much time scouting and planting food plots as they did practicing shooting, he may have made a better shot. I know it happens to everyone, but I agree, they should have talked about the shot more.
That's all I'm saying, talk about it, teach with it. I thought at least Lee would have talked about when he was "critiquing" the footage but he disappointed me too. He hyped up the work in the food plot, the videoing but not a word about the poor shot placement. It was terrible with a lucky outcome but they seemed to ignore that.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha I knew someone would post about this episode! I was talking to my brother on the phone when they shot and the first thing I said was pathetic and then they said it was down within 2-3 secs, I said this was a joke!!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I was watching another show at the same time that was on where they made some great shots. My show was great!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see this alot! You see gut shots and they say man I made an awsome shot!! It makes me sick are they that stuck on there self? I have to laugh sometimes. Yea Rob whats wrong with admitting a bad shot when you find the deer so the people watching can learn? Its all about the kill anymore!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I think a lot of these people stretch their limits in an attempt to catch a shot on camera. Face it, they're average Joes taking a lot of long shots or rushing the shots when they get the go ahead from the camera guy. When I hear twang and it takes a2 or 3seconds for their lighted nock to come into view... it's a long ways. Plus, as was mentioned, they just aren't that good. How many times have we seen someone struggle to pull their bow back. I recall a couple films where someone helped. LOL If I made all the bad shots some of these people do, I would have quit long ago.[:'(]
Old 04-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Haha I knew someone would post about this episode! I was talking to my brother on the phone when they shot and the first thing I said was pathetic and then they said it was down within 2-3 secs, I said this was a joke!!
This was pretty much what i thought when i saw the hit. I was left wondering if that deer really went down as fast as they made it out to. I literally cringed when he made the shot. I guess it's possible he caught a major vein, but in no way did it look like that shot should have been fatal as quick as they made it out to be. [:@]
Old 04-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ted Nugent does that same thing, and to think, some people worship him....
Old 04-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen that show this afternoon and the first shot was way far back on that buck they called stickers then I think he over compensated on the next buck. The shot looked like it was in the brisket. Ted Nugent had that same shot and said he was very lucky to hitthat artery and showed the blood trail. On whitetail freaks they didn't even show the bloodtrail and the guy never mentioned once that he got lucky with a bad shot, if in fact they actually saw the buck go down. Who knows that buck might of had the .22 cal in back of its head.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

Ted Nugent does that same thing, and to think, some people worship him....
About a month ago, I watched Nugent make a very bad shot on a hog, in which he stated it was a great shot on camera, after that they ran the hog down, (no telling how much time or distance), he had to finish the job with his 10mm. Most of these TV shows are the same. Very boring to me...

Quick Reply: Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.