Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
See my arrow flight everytime
26.03%
Most of the time see my arrowflight
42.47%
Once in awhile see my arrowflight
23.29%
Never see my arrowflight
8.22%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

See your arrow flight?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: See your arrow flight?

At 40 yards some times Isee my arrow in flight.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I see mine most of the time. I use white blazers with a white nock (bow shooting 242 fps). I personally try to watch mine thru my sight all the way to the target,this helps to keep me from dropping my bow arm. I've found that when I do this I'm much more accurate
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM

I can't see the arrow but I watch for the impact on the target face. That way I'm keeping a good follow through.
I wish I could tell what the arrow is doing but it's tough at 300fps. I use white blazers and can see the white against the Yellow Jacket target for only a split second.
If I step out to 40yrds. I can see it's paththe last 10 yrds.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I learned a long time ago when I shot field and target archery that one of the least important things in archery is seeing the arrow in flight. Tune the equipment well and arrow flight is good. Other than that the best thing you can do is concentrate on aiming and let the bow shoot the arrow. The arrow will go where you are aiming. If you concentrate on seeing the arrow then you are not aiming. Aim the bow, concentrate on where you want the arrow to hit and have confidence in your ability and your equipment and you may see the arrow going. If you don't then it should be where the pin was when the bow went off.
Ditto.

The last thing I want to see is my arrow in flight, if I do then I have done something wrong and just screwed upthe shot.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I do everything right, I see the arrow in flight. That is usually not the case on close whitetail shots.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM

I didn't vote, I think I seen a blur once when I started shooting with both eyes open. It's kind of weird looking through the peep with my right eye and seeing completely around it and the entire target with my left! But I am shooting a lot more accurately.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

I don't look for my arrow in flight ,but I do see it most of the time if I keep my eyes on the spot I was aiming for.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Madjac20

I see mine most of the time. I use white blazers with a white nock (bow shooting 242 fps). I personally try to watch mine thru my sight all the way to the target,this helps to keep me from dropping my bow arm. I've found that when I do this I'm much more accurate

Ditto here, no matter what I shoot it has a white nock, you can follow it all the way tothe target..
Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

i shoot orange and 2 green blazers...before that was green and 1 white and before that was 2 yellow and 1 white feather...shoot both eyes open at 260ish fps...always see my arrow in flight. takes a little practice...but once you learn to watch it, you will get the hang of it....

beautiful thing watching it fly home and sink into a bucks chest....i'll never forget it...
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

We had a big discussion about this when I was being told by many people that they always see their arrow impact their target.

I don't.

My bow's shooting +/- 300fps. I just don't see the impact, every time. I know this from shooting at live animals and in 3D.

Quick Reply: See your arrow flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.