Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just getting started....

Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just getting started....

Nice one, I Hope all is well buddy!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Thanks Guys. I'm just getting stoked that this time of the year is finally coming soon. I look forward to shed hunting with my brothers, family and friends in the spring as much as the opening of the season in the fall. Each has its own unique beauty.

Steve, it is some amazing country....I hope my son Wyatt can enjoy it like I do in the future, as long as it stays untouched. I've included a couple more pics on the bottom of a really neat south facing hill. The deer don't winter on it much, but its very neat looking.

Rob, I know it'll melt.....the early springs over the last couple of years have gotten us spoiled. As for me shooting this buck this fall, we'll see. There are a lot bigger boys in the area, though I want to kill a big 8. Hopefully I can get some velvet footage of him this summer.

As for the cabin, its the 5th one I've built in the last few years.....construction and I don't get along, hopefully I only build two more. They're taking away from my shed hunting! LOL

Joe, things are great. Busy, but great.....again, sorry I missed you at the MJS show in March.

(I think my camera lens was dirty.[&:])

Old 04-13-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Nice find Dan. Do you expect the ice out to come alot later this year? When does it usually happen? I have a trip planned to NW Ontario June 9th. Will I be able to get on the water?
Todd,the ice will be out later this year, but not that late. I expect it to be gone somewhere around the first of May. In my 6 years up there the lastest it has ever gone out is May 8 and the last few years its been gone by April 20th. You have no need to worry about getting on the water then, plus the fishing should be fantastic at that time. Where are you planning on going?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Nice find Dan. Do you expect the ice out to come alot later this year? When does it usually happen? I have a trip planned to NW Ontario June 9th. Will I be able to get on the water?
Todd,the ice will be out later this year, but not that late. I expect it to be gone somewhere around the first of May. In my 6 years up there the lastest it has ever gone out is May 8 and the last few years its been gone by April 20th. You have no need to worry about getting on the water then, plus the fishing should be fantastic at that time. Where are you planning on going?
Dan, we fly out of just north of Ear Falls. We fish a couple of lakes in the Woodland Caribou Park.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome.
Nice shed & camp!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Dan

Congrats on the shed. You and Troy sure got a lot of snow this year. Hopefully it melts soon so we can see your finds when you get tromping.

Tim