Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

when do you ??

Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Default when do you ??

Get to the point where you can't take it anymore? Really, I mean before bow season comes in. I can't take anymore come last week of Aug. I just go nuts with the waiting game. Our season doesn't start until first sat in Oct!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: when do you ??

What's today?

Seriously, I sharpened broadheads, tuned my Diamond Marquis, installed a new loop and peep,tuned new Bear Super Kodiak, fletched 3 more longbow arrows.
SHOT the longbow for 1/2hr and watched 2 Traditional Harvests videos, and now Greg and I are stategizing for our OCT Illinois hunt. LOL.

Gonna be a long couple months.........

Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

I usually reach that point on April 20th. . . then turkey season opens on the 21st, and I'm good ' till mid June
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

This time of year is kinda my slower season for work. Gradually picks up until its balls to the wall until 1st week or so of September, then I have about a week to wait until the opener, which is usually the 2nd Saturday in September! Still takes forever to get here! Then its off to Michigan for the Oct 1st Opener!!!!!! Boy I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

im with matt TODAY ,i cant wait allready and our season ended 2 months ago
,but in aug im going nuts and cant wait till first week of sept ,im talking real bad .
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

August is a long month... Landon you gotta learn to diversify your pursuits... September rolls by because I'm dove hunting, teal hunting and scouting for deer. I bowhunt almost every day of the early season.. then its ducks ducks ducks until February which yields a few late geese and a few weeks of rehab/recovery. March is fishing, April and May are for turkeys and then more fishing. June is float trip month. July is offshore fishing and by then we are back to August and my foot is tapping again.....
Old 04-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I procreate LOLOLOLOL
Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm waiting for august 25! Going to start 3d in about a month then Going to start scouting, buying and shooting broadheads, tree stands, trail cams, camo suits etc. etc. 4 more months to go! Can't wait!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

YO YO YO.....I'm hooked on that subject title in your last email...Yo YO YO

Although its not an every year thing for me VABOW....this is what I have going to try and calm the storm before October 1st.

(Now - May 5th) - Prep the yard, love my wife and kids & prepare for my May 5th Turkey Hunt

(May 5th - 15th) - Turkey Hunt, Forum, and Work & Family

(May 24 - June 1st) - Bear Hunt, Quebec Canada...my 3rd hunt and my last for a while.

(June -July) - I'm building a new tower blind to hold my little girls (WITH ME)for the next 10 years..

In between its family, work, neighborhood walks with the other yuppers (like you), and Corona Lights and chicken on the grill.

(During the summer) - Bass Fishing when I have a chance with my buddies...

(When August rolls) - The trail cams will come out and scouting will take place with the video cams through August and September.

Sounds like alot of hunting but there will be alot of good family time too....WHen I start flopping I just get on here and talk to you....later dude!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm ready right now! I try to distract myself by working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.