Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

when do you ??

Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: when do you ??

Well lets see, our archery season ends December 31st, so about January 1st I start going crazy.Actually, we are so crazy busy at work from the first part of December, thru April, that I dont have much time to think about hunting much. 70 hours a week at work, and then doing the family stuff the rest of the week pretty much takes care of the winter months. Then in April, dirt track racing starts around here, (this ranks right up there with hunting for me) so I spend alot of weekend nights at the track. We also have a camper, and this is our first year having a permenent sight, so we will be spending alot of time there. And then the end of May, my son comes to stay with us for the summer. He is on a traveling paintball team here, so we spend alot of time in the car going from tourny to tourny. And then, my wife and I each have a motorcycle, so we try to get some riding in when we can. But I always seam to find time to check my game cams just about every week, watch hunting shows, read hunting magazines, and shoot my bow.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me to [8D]about August im having flashbacks
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I'm ready right now! I try to distract myself by working.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be strong VA - be strong, just like you try to teach your kids about patience...!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I start going nuts about the middle of summer and my GF really can't stand me by the end of July!!!I fish a lot in the summer and do a lot of groundhog shooting w/ my rifles and my bow!!Then its time for me to go back to school. This is the time that i really start to pull my hair out because I can't shoot my bow as much I can't tinker with it because I don't have all my tools. I jsut sit and count the days until Oct. 1st.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to not think of it...I love to scout in the spring, then bass fish in the summer..... I would say around July I start getting crazy about it all. I fine tune everything, walk the woods, make sure the little things are taken care of...I even workout more to get my strength up! I live for the hunt! But for real, I am so glad things fell into place for me as a teenager where I got my hunting license and started on this journey. Someone was looking out for me when I learned I "could walk around in the woods with a weapon, hunting deer without getting into trouble?"
Old 04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

When the first frost hits after summer........ it kicks me into another gear.... kinda like it does the deer... when that first frost hits im so pumped........ i hate hunitng when its hot.. its miserable an ya cant enjoy yourself if your miserable...