Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Paying dues. (pics)

Old 04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Paying dues. (pics)

As my wedding is less than a week away, this was the only available Saturday for me to get some planting done at the cabin. The wife to be just shook her head and said "when you are done, we is going to dinner...on you." Fair enough, and at 7 this morning myself and life long hunting bud Jeremy were off. Here is a pic of the truck as we rolled onto the land.

Our weapons were simple, an Atv with a seed, a rented rototiller, rakes and shovels, and an improvised spike tooth harrow, donated by a farmer friend of mine two years ago.

Our first target was a log landing that I had tried to harrow and broadcast seed some clover on last year and with the dry weather the landing didn't hold water on it too well, likely because it needed broken up better. (that's why we rented the heavy duty roto)

We then moved on to two other areas that we wanted to get tilled and planted.

Sorry for the semi nude Ben, but I seemed to have made absolutely sure that I weathered the Winter months well.[8D] All in all, a great day on the mountain. Could not ask for better weather for this. Got a little sun, which I needed. Got little exercise, which I definately needed. And most importantly, I can now get married knowing that the last of my spring planting is done. And now I got to run to dinner.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Paying dues. (pics)

I don't know why you even bothered planting a food plot. You're not goingto be able tohunt it this fall.[8D]
Old 04-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, some of the these small plots are tough to get to and work with a tractor, so we just do the best we can.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you guys lime/fertilize anything? What county is this in? Looks like a lot of work, make sure to post up some pics of the plots when they start to come up!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol ducsauce. Your right there if shes already putting stipulations when he goes out to do something now. Now its dinner after next week it'll be honey due lists. J/k ben . Congrats ben
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt (RJ), Ben's cabin is about 10 minutes from me in the mountains Lycoming co.

It was a beautiful morning Ben, I stepped out with the dog at sunrise and stayed out most of the morning sitting and listening for gobblers (everywhere) and shooting in the new Black Ice. Hell I probably heard you go by.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

RJ, Lycoming County PA, about 10 to 15 minutes from Rob's house. We have been clearing small areas out a few a year and doing what we can. Ya, lime and fertilizer were involved. One of these days, maybe coresponding with a gtg at Rob's we will hunt it together.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

dood.. good luck.. im a newly wed myself.. and mine doesnt understand the "hunting" but im obsessed.. and my work schedule sucks.. im in the Rest. biz.. so no weekends or holidays.. so when i do get off and i want to go upstate.. its like pulling teeth.. get used to it.. explain to her.. you in the woods is like her in the jewlery store.. enough said..
p.s. save some extra $ on the side and let her get some jewlery while your hunting.. once a year ofcourse..
this way its a wash
CONGRATTS and goodluck!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a beautiful morning Ben, I stepped out with the dog at sunrise and stayed out most of the morning sitting and listening for gobblers (everywhere) and shooting in the new Black Ice. Hell I probably heard you go by.
Well, I usually slow down as to not blow any trees over in your neighborhood....but ya, As my buddy and I were unloading the stuff at the first plot we were gonna work at, I stopped and looked at him and asked, "is there anywhere else you would rather be on a morning like this?" He just chuckled and pulled the cord on the roto and said "I think you know the answer to that question."

Quick Reply: Paying dues. (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.