Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

I feel it is time to finally bury the hatchet and call the 2007-2008 shed season a wrap.... Unless that is if I get a new propertyotherwise I will be done shedding for the season.

I know there are more out there to be found but I keep bumping deer while walking and I don't want to pressure them any further....

This years totals are 6 sheds and 2 dead heads..... I had roughly 50-55 hours wrapped up into shed season this year. I also went out on a good note todayfinding a nice 4X side to complete a matching set.

The trees are finally budding and it won't be to much longer until we will see some crops planted and velvet showing in my area....

It is now officially "glassing season" for me with "cam season" just around the bend!

So give me some updates, what have you done? What are you doing and what's next for you?

[/align]
Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

I'll be keeping my eye out during turkey season for the left over antlers.

Plus I sill need to make a trip to the farm I have been hunting for the past 12 years. Haven't made it yet this year, but I will before greenup. I usually find a few there every year.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Turkeys next week, the mushrooms for a few weeks along with Michigan Turkeys during May, fertilize apple trees and pine trees, food plots etc... Can't forget about fishing....... I won't start glassing deer until mid/late summer as well as shinning!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I probably have a couple weeks of shedding left.. but I'll also will be gettin' some trees trimmed on some public grounds within the next few days too. The constant rain this spring following the 120"+ inches of snow will make it really interesting to get to some of my areas I need to trim out way back in a few swampy areas. But you do what you have to.

Then I'll take it easy for a month and just begin shooting the bow about once a week.. til about June and then I'll try to step it up a notch til the season opens.

And of course I'll begin glassing around late June and throughout the rest of the summer and try to get some velvet footage with JZ.

So much to do.. so little time and then the season is here once again.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Yea its getting green here...making it nearly impossible

I put the trial cam up yesterday...its time for that now

Whats crazy, I saw a 1 sided buck less than 10 days ago
Old 04-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Host of Hosts

I only found 1 shed , but just being outside was the best part. Cabin Fever was bad this year.

Nothing special, but here it is. That's why I'm heading to Ohio this year and invading your spots

Old 04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I only found 1 shed , but just being outside was the best part. Cabin Fever was bad this year.

Nothing special, but here it is. That's why I'm heading to Ohio this year and invading your spots

What's that a piece of abusted off brow tine??? J/k J/K.... Congrats on your find![8D]
Old 04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fishing started, shed hunting is over. If I find one in turkey season, great, but if not oh well.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I probably have a couple weeks of shedding left.. but I'll also will be gettin' some trees trimmed on some public grounds within the next few days too.
Are you turning green there yet or still budding?

Quick Reply: Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.