Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Calling shed season off.... Glassing season on!

Well there is still a bit of snow here one the north sides....and flurries today. I quit shedding a couple weeks ago though, I have covered all the land I had access to. Turkey hunting will be coming up, then bowfishing....then its back to deer.

As far as sheds go, I had a good year although never found anything huge. 18 total, four matching sets, off of of two properties of about 200 acres total. The other two spots of mine....zip[&:], but that is how shed hunting goes.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Shed hunting over ?? Don't think so !! [8D] I've got one more day then spring's work on the farmwill take all my timefor the next month or so. Tylerprobably will get another weekend in.

The pickens are starting to get thin. Can't complain though... we picked up another 13 shedstoday. Total on the year is 164 sheds. Tyler has a 12 shed lead.

After spring's work is done, the bows come out. Late July we will get serious about summer scouting. Will be keeping an eye out during work before that though.

Tim

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have ended my shed season with three sheds (the worst for me in awhile []) My son found six sheds, and between me and both boys found 12 dead heads (bucks) and alot of dead Does. Turkey season is a priority for me right now, but when its over the cam will come out and plenty of glassing. I found sign that may be promising of a big boy still left, ill cam the area and hopefully find out. The feeder will come back out and some mineral licks as well.Then plenty of time floating around in the pool (woo hoo ) with a cold one in hand
Old 04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you..
I was out scouting / shed hunting on Friday and the only thing I found was a jaw bone from a small deer and a dead porcupine.
I finished up with probably 25 blood sucking ticks on my clothing, I'm done. Can't stand those little things!