Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If Fred Bear...

Old 04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If Fred Bear...

BC he (FB) died 20 years ago. And my point was....during his formative years he did it (sans a firearm) the ONLY way (which was, also, the HARD way).

So ......NO...I wouldnt have a problem with it. He was a great hunter ....and from everything I've heard....a great man.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So ......NO...I wouldnt have a problem with it. He was a great hunter ....and from everything I've heard....a great man.
He was a great man, because he didn't act the fool like tred. I know he would have never been a great man going around proclaiming he is doing it the the hard way, the bear way.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
bigcountry

Jeff, you ever heard of a poster called stealthy cat or the mind or others? You would love him man. He loves meaningles circular arguments.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't see anyone arguing, BC.

He was a great man, because he didn't act the fool like tred. I know he would have never been a great man going around proclaiming he is doing it the the hard way, the bear way.
You act like I think Tred is "cool" or something. I think he's a tool. I have no issues with your above statement....and care not to argue with anyone about it.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
bigcountry

I don't see anyone arguing, BC.

You act like I think Tred is "cool" or something. I think he's a tool. I have no issues with your above statement....and care not to argue with anyone about it.
Well, good then, see ya, have a good one.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

interesting so whos Tred Barta?????
Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

BC he (FB) died 20 years ago. And my point was....during his formative years he did it (sans a firearm) the ONLY way (which was, also, the HARD way).

If it was theONLY way back then, then howcould it have been the HARD way? With no other (EASY) way to compare it to, there would not have been this concept of hard or easy.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter

interesting so whos Tred Barta?????
Readers Digest Version:

Tred Barta is the host of an outdoors hunting/fishing show here in the states called "The Best and the Worst of Tred Barta". A commercial jet salesman from New York by trade, Tred is an accomplished offshore fisherman, specifically in the realm of Big Eye tuna. He also has a flare for traditional (longbow) hunting, and holds a world record warthog in his respective discipline. Thats the background...

Tred believes in doing things "the hard way.. the Barta way.." to quote him. That means when he goes goose hunting, rather than use a shotgun like any standard hunter would, he chooses to use a longbow and flu-flu arrows. Instead of backing the boat up and hauling up tuna like a lot of commercial charters do, Tred uses 20# line and fights them standing up.... and it can (and does) take hours to land a single fish that could, with heavier equipment and standard boat maneuvers be gaffed in under 45 minutes. He is the subject of much talk and controversey in part because of his attitude, and in part because of his practices and results. He is certainly not your average show host.

He is outspoken with his opinions, and boysterous with his accomplishments. He tends to preach a good doctrine, but most see him as just another sinner. But I'm getting a bit subjective here so I'll just leave it with that.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Jeff, you ever heard of a poster called stealthy cat or the mind or others? You would love him man. He loves meaningles circular arguments.
Lmao Bigcountry!!