Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do?

I have a dilema. I recently visited the pro shop and after 8 years of shootin the same old PSE decided it was time to move on. I really liked a few of the Bowtech's I saw and a couple of Matthews models. I tried some PSE's and Hoyts but didn't do well with them.

Today I was on the phone with one of my best friends who happens to be a department manager of a hunting store that has Diamond bows and he said he could get me a Diamond Black Ice at his cost through a dealer program. I can get a Diamond for over half of what a Bowtech would cost and it appears to be similar and is made by the same parent company. Should I go with the Diamond or spend over twice as much on the Bowtech? I am a cheap bastard and like to get a deal when I can, hahaha. What should I do??
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do?

Shoot a Diamond, if you like it, I dont see how you could go wrong.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good deal, and those Diamonds are good bows, too. I've heard some guys like the Diamond better than the Bowtechs because they think they draw smoother, so what's to lose??? Shoot one and see how you like it, make a decision from there.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 AM

I really liked the Black Ice, you should shoot it then decide. You can't go wrong with the Diamond for that price.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 AM

Agreed, never know until you actually shoot it, and I have heard a lot of good thing about the black ice, I might shoot one just to confirm the rumors
Old 04-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Think I will go out this Friday and give it a try. I am looking at the money I can save and thinking what I can buy. If i get a new pices of property I am working that extra cash will equal more fixed tree stands and less climbing in the API.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 AM

I had a diamond liberty Loved it but yet I still sold it to a friend of mine and bought a Bowtech Guardian I love that think its hard to find a bow I like more than that guardian.