Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

82nd issues = not user error

Old 04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 82nd issues = not user error

As a some of you know, I've experienced a barrage of issues with my 82nd. Today was kind of a relief... I contacted Bowtech on Monday and spoke for a lengthy amount of time with them regarding my "issues." I explained everything I'd done and everything that was happening. He told me to take it to a retailer here in OKC that had some kind of Bowtech certification, meaning that they had been to Bowtech and attended classes regardingBowtech bows. I happen to know (pretty well) one of the guys that attended the classes. Upon his first draw of the bow, he looked at me out of the corner of his eye and snickered. His next phrase was "uh, this thing has problems. You better leave it here." So I left the bow with him and he called me back a couple hours later and said he checked everything (yes Germ, even the cam timing on a draw board) and had no solutions. He called Bowtech (first his Rep)and they told him to send the bow back.

I was pretty happy to know that it wasn't me, yetstill disappointed. While I was in there, I made a special Hoyt order...

A Hoyt Katera, 29" draw with 70lb limbs .

I'm thinking about keeping the 82nd, if it gets fixed or replaced... but the more I read about people having similar issues, the less I'm impressed.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 82nd issues = not user error

Glad you got it taken care of. Sorry to hear all the problems you had. I know alot of guys who have them and have not had a lick of trouble yet. Good luck with your Hoyt!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Glad you got it taken care of. Sorry to hear all the problems you had. I know alot of guys who have them and have not had a lick of trouble yet. Good luck with your Hoyt!
You're very right, apparently I'm prone to having problems when nobody else does. In all honesty, I really hope they fix it or replace it... I like the bow minus the headache.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to know that's it's being taken care of. I hope you have good luck with our hoyt.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats good then, sort of
Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: twildasin

You're very right, apparently I'm prone to having problems when nobody else does. In all honesty, I really hope they fix it or replace it... I like the bow minus the headache.
Im sure they will take care of you and you will have a new bow!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Good man, finally coming back to your senses....The darkside almost had ya huh? lol

Hopefully you have better luck with the Katera.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 PM

So you're getting your problem resolved for the 82nd and are getting a new bow? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me! I hope you have better luck with the 82nd.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and Congrats .
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 PM

Man, and here I just thought you were bonkers..... Glad you're getting that worked out bro.

Quick Reply: 82nd issues = not user error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.