Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ally Problems

Old 04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ally Problems

So I got my new Ally to the range and two things happened. I found out my fletchingis clipping my cables...and...I need new cables and strings! Any suggestions on cables and strings and how to stop my fletching from hitting my cables? Thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Ally Problems

Are you saying the fletching messed your cables up? How many shots have you taken? What type of rest do you have? Who set the bow up? Is it set up for you?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Fletching dint mess them up but its not helping. Cables and strings are old. The bow is set up for me by my local archery shop with a QAD Ultra rest. My fletching it hitting the cable by a half of a half of a half millimeter. I think I have found the solution by putting on a limbsaver cable slide. It will hold the cables closer to the slide. But I still need new strings...any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
bigcountry

Why do you need new strings and cables? How are old strings/cables bad. Didn't know BCY fiber rotted

I put a saunders cable slide on my commander.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:37 PM

yeh, I want to know how old this bow is. A string is easy, any of your shops shold be able to help you, or you can PM Meav2 (Dan) and ask him what to do, he can get you strings ,cables, and just about anything else. Try turning your nock as well, I know with my QAD I could only shoot cock vane out to the left, to my bow arm.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Just re-orient your cock vane.

Problem solved.