Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DEER'S EYE SIGHT

Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER'S EYE SIGHT

Blacklight. I know this because I used to work security in nightclubs and you could see where people would dump their detergent right onto clothes by the large glowing spot and then smaller drops on the clothes when they were under blacklighted conditions. I have used a blacklight before to make sure and my camo was fine, even the crappy chinese made stuff
Old 04-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually have red based camo -dont laugh!- and have been using it off and on for years. I beleive it is old swiss army surplus BDUs. I wouldnt claim that it works better than anything else I have tried though, even when on the ground...I sit still and break up my outline a bit if I are silouetted, the deer dont see me regardless.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to buy camo on the sale rack this time of year at 50% off. I have gotten stuff that I've never seen before and paid less than 50 bucks for pants and jacket and killed deer wearing it. As many have said it is the break up of your sillouette that works.

I have also tried scent killers and scenlock suits with my dads Bllodhound and found few combos that masked me from Clem.[:-]
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm like you raceway, I am the clearance camo guy and I will keep it til it is too ragged to use. If I had to buy full price camo I wouldn't have much if any. I have killed lots of deer after work in a flannel shirt and jeans(I do always wear a hat and use branches or natural cover to break up my outline). I am convinced scent and movement will give you away far quicker than your camo.