Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
45.24%
NO
54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Am I cheating

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Am I cheating

I've never shot in a league that had classes, only at tournaments.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The indoor league I shoot has classes. Really only two classes: pins and then everyone else. Either way, you would be in the "everyone else" class. Sorry, rules are rules.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot in a bunch of indoor leagues before. I have never seen a shop seperate an indoor 3D league into classes. I have seen 300 leagues that were broken down to different classes. I would not say you are "cheating", but if they do have different classes, then I would say you are using equipment that may not be allowed, but sounds to me as if it as an honest mistake, not an attempt to "cheat".
Old 04-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't want to change your sight and you want to continue to shoot at the league ask the owner if you can participate without turning in your scores. You will get the benefit of the practice and the facility (which is the important thing in the big picture) but you will not be eligible for prizes.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 AM

I haven't shot an indoor league with classes either, I normally see that in outdoor 3-D. I have never shot indoor 3-D though. That doesn't mean they can't do it, or make their own rules for their own league if they want to. I would ask him to show you where it says you can't use it. If they have a rule that says you can't use electronic sights then I guess you are screwed. Or if they they have one that says you can't use a one pin adjustable sight, if you have that sort of mount. They might also consider it a scope, although I wouldn't since it isn't magnified.

If it doesn't specifically state that you can't use that type of sight and you are in a "hunter" class then I would think it would fall on your hunting regs. If electronic sights are illegal to use hunting then I don't see where you should use them in a competition with "hunting" equipment. If they are legal I think they are in the wrong.

As far as getting your money back I doubt there is anything you can do about it.

This is one of the reasons I don't like any kind of leagues or competitions. I am not a very competitive person, I just like to have fun doing something I enjoy. And competition just seems to bring out the A hole in people. Some take it way to serious and suck all the fun out of it. Maybe you could ask them if you could keep shooting but just not be eligible to win or something. I have done that before, I do it with 3-D quite a bit because I like using a range finder. I just want to shoot, I could care less about being better than everyone else or winning a stupid trophy. Some people just can't accept that type of mentality though. I don't keep score when I golf either, then again I suck at golf.

I do see their point though if they do indeed have a rule against it. Even if you were not dominating or even if you sucked it still sets a precedence for someone else. If they let you do it they will have to let everyone do it. If it were me and I didn't have rule specifically saying you couldn't use that sight I would let you finish the league then change the rules for the next year.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are the specific ruels for your league? It hunter class includes everyone who has a bow legal for hunting in your state, then you may be legal. Without knowing specific rules for your league, how can anyone say?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

As stated by many others, it's whatever is stated in the league rules.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Demand your money back... How did they only notice recentley?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me...I would just abide by the rules if I wanted to continue on there and switch to a pin sight. As far as cheating I don't know because I mainly hunt with my bows, not much for tournaments or anything like that.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Hey I don't have a clue about the rules, but you should have bought a Mathews....then you would have been dominating the league.

Quick Reply: Am I cheating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.