Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Well I went out shed hunting to a place I pound every year looking for sheds.... I have only found one shed there before today (very thick in their wintering area of the property).... It was actually a shed of a buck I ended up killing a couple years later, also a non typical..... So, hopefullythis shed brings me good karma.... I am going to hunt him hard (read smart!)this fall and hope this shed treats me like the last one from this property

So I am sure some of you guys remember me posting a few game cam pics of this guy over the summer......

He is pretty busted up but has no chew marks... His brow tine is busted off as well as a kicker off his base after heshed velvet. He broke a point in velvet as well as documented in the photo to follow.

Here he is with the broken point hanging down only held on by a little velvet...
[/align]

Here he is showing his brow tine and the kicker off his right base in hard antler....

And finally todays find!

I just taped him out at 77 4/8's as is with the broken points... Adding 7 inches on to account for his 3 broken tines, he would have sported an 84 4/8's side! Looks like I may have a absolute hammer of a buck on my hands next year [8D]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Great find.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome find! Good luckhunting him.
Giant Nontypical

Hell ya, he is still alive I remember that buck well, (freaknasty) if i remember right?? May you have full karma bucko Id love to see you take this buck best of luck to ya to. this great you finding it. are you gonna put on the search for the other half?
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is a true monster! But wait...I thought PA was full of big bucks, and Ohio had dinks You're not making a convincing argument here bud[8D]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Hell ya, he is still alive I remember that buck well, (freaknasty) if i remember right?? May you have full karma bucko Id love to see you take this buck best of luck to ya to. this great you finding it. are you gonna put on the search for the other half?
The search was still on for the other half when it got dark I will be back out tomorrow pending the rain.

Wow, that is a true monster! But wait...I thought PA was full of big bucks, and Ohio had dinks You're not making a convincing argument here bud[8D]
I do only live 20 minutes off the PA border
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, that is cool to find freaknasties shed. How far away from where you got the pics of him? I can't wait to see him in velvet this summer.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome find!! congrats and good luck
Old 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Bartender

Scott we will miss you this coming fall and that is a good thing. Get Him!

T

Quick Reply: Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.