Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Simply awesome, Scott... congrats, buddy!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

You've found only one othershed in there previously yet you still got out there and did some more snooping around....and looky what shows up....Awesome find Scott! Real happy for you bud, I sure hope you get a crack at this big boy next fall. Man hes gonna be a magnum.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I just taped him out at 77 4/8's as is with the broken points... Adding 7 inches on to account for his 3 broken tines, he would have sported an 84 4/8's side!
Scott

First off... congrats on finding his freak side shed !! Look forward to your summer scouting and hunting next fall !!

second... I am sure glad I saved " yourguesstimates "of that buck fromlast summer. I knew you were off and over estimated him. Since it was only an inch on the freak side, I'll let it slide this time. [8D]

You didn't save my guesstimates... did you ?? [] []Damn you are good at it.

Tim
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

You've found only one othershed in there previously yet you still got out there and did some more snooping around....and looky what shows up....Awesome find Scott! Real happy for you bud, I sure hope you get a crack at this big boy next fall. Man hes gonna be a magnum.
Yes, It really kills me how many hours I have put in shed hunting there to have only ever found one other shed on this property.... I put at least 10 hours per year, usually morelooking here too... The sheds on this property have not been kind to me Well except for back in 2002 when I found the other shed there and then this year..... I just hope this one has a happy ending like the other one from theredid

Seems I find sheds on every property but this one! I am up to 5 sheds and 3 dead heads this year (nothing like you, Tim and Tyler though[8D]), but the overall quality of mysheds is much better this year than years past.

Scott

First off... congrats on finding his freak side shed !! Look forward to your summer scouting and hunting next fall !!

second... I am sure glad I saved " yourguesstimates "of that buck fromlast summer. I knew you were off and over estimated him. Since it was only an inch on the freak side, I'll let it slide this time. [8D]

You didn't save my guesstimates... did you ?? [] []Damn you are good at it.

Tim
First off thanks! This is the shed I coveted most of any I have known about.... Not the biggest side in inches I have ever saw on a deer but one that I liked the most probably....

I did save them for a while but deleted them after I hurt my shoulder.... You don't have them in your outbox anymore? We can save unlimited out messages but very few in our inbox..... Wish we could save more [X(]

Do you remember what you put him at?

A few guys thought I was crazy putting him at 85 or so inches on that side but I felt most everyone was cutting his main beam and the double main beam's inches short......

That makes me feel good only being a whole inch off scoring a non typ side like that from pics! You made my day bringing that up, I never thought last night to go look thru old PM's in my outbox to see what I scored it at

I know finding big sheds is old hat to you and Troy but this really fired me up... [8D]For all the hours I have had here shedding that property and the lack of success I still can't believe I found this shed in the "land of disappearing shed antlers"....

Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great find Buckeye, Can you post up a few more shots maybe different angles? Or something for Size comparsion. That first picture just doesn't show the size too me.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scott .... I can't even imagine what your face looked like when you first laid eyes on that shed!!! Awesome find!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great find. It's good to know that he is still around and made it through. Hopefully the next pics we see of that rack will be with the owner and your hands holding it up!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome man, just absolutely cool as can be. Can't wait to see pics of him this year. Hopefully with you in them as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Scott

The only thing I saved was your guesstimates. I deleted mine... darn !!!! I am thinking I had the freak side at 84 3/8 . Seriously , I think I had the freak side figured at 76. The two beam lengths were where we differedthe most. I suppose you wouldn't buy that I figured in furturetine breakage as I am apsychic ?? [8D]

I'll shoot you your guesttimates when I get home tonight as I am on the work computer.

As for us not getting excited over a find like your's ... in 9 years we have broke 70"five times and we are 73 sheds away from a1000 shed total. We would be doing theshed dance of joy with a find like your's. Congrats again !!

Tim
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow what a deer. You can tell he's from the other side of the state line, there certainly aren't any in PA like that..........[8D]

Quick Reply: Remember this guy? Lucky day for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.