Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

I was at the local pro shot today getting a few things, "they sell about every bow." Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, PSE,Martin and others. The shop manager and another employee were unpackagingtwo Bowtechs, 101 and 82 I believe. They mentioned that they were thiers and that they had sent them back to the factory because they had several problems with them, and didn't want to have to deal with those kinds of problems while out hunting. Said they were going to sell the ones the factory had returned to them. This is a very big shop that sells a pile of bows every year.
They had also recieved thier new bows to take their place, both Mathews DXT. I just bought a DXT this week so that made me feel a little better about my choice of bows. I'm replacing my SB XT with the DXT, and after shooting the new setupDXT I'm not sure if I made the right decision. The only difference is that I went from a ripcord to a QAD rest "cheaper QAD" This new rest seems to really make some noise at the release, anyone else noticed this? My XT was a great shooting very forgiving bow.

I'm not out to bash bowtech either, they were great looking bows, I really liked that soft coating they have on them. EVERY bow should have that stuff on them!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

I have a QAD, makes hardly any noise.

As for your bowtech comment, I really think it's more about people not understanding how the Binary cam system works than anything. I have been doing some reading and one MUST have the cams in sync. The only way to do this is with a drawing board. I am building one this weekend for my binary bow that is coming.

It may be a GTO or a 101st

As for your choice of bows, if you're happy that is all that matters.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

So they sent the bad Bowtechs back.....and just happened to have to new Mathews right there to take their place???

Great timing!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Any, and every manufacturer has lemons. If these guys sell so many bows then why didnt all their customers start bringin back defective bows? Something smells fishy here, im not buying it, by the way i dont own a Bowtech so i have no dog in this fight......
Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Think I'll keep my bowtech commander,oh and my old mathews as a backup.Both are good bows,sounds like someone trying to start a little debate.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech should have just stopped when they made the Alliegence.... how can you improve on perfection?

I wonder what issues they have been having? I've heard of limb problems on BTs before, but not really any more so than much other brands....

However, replacing any bowtech with a Mathews is sort of like replacing a Chevy Tahoe with a Kia Sorrento......

*EDIT to boost the economy in the Skywalker State*
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Bowtech should have just stopped when they made the Alliegence.... how can you improve on perfection?

I wonder what issues they have been having? I've heard of limb problems on BTs before, but not really any more so than much other brands....

However, replacing any bowtech with a Mathews is sort of like replacing a Toyota FourRunner with a Kia Sorrento......
Swamp unemployment is about to hit 7% in MI, would it kill you to mention a Chevy in your post[8D]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Swamp unemployment is about to hit 7% in MI, would it kill you to mention a Chevy in your post[8D]
Noted and amended.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, yeah, that was necessary.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Host of Hosts

Something smells fishy here, im not buying it,

Sure does! And me either!

Quick Reply: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.