Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM

Default RE: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

I know of3 different bows that have problems2 Matthews switchback I have 2 buddys that both have a 27 draw 06 switchback both of them on the cable on the cam about on inch above wears through the serving about every 6 months no big deal just have it reserved every few months. Matthews customer service blows it off. Now my 07 guardian 26inch draw has issues on the upper cam rubs the cable well the local dealer turned the cam filed and smooth polished the cam down so it would not hit the cable. Fixed and doesnt do it anymore.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to prove if anyone cares to.

Just out of curiosity what percentage of bowtecs are retunred for whatever reason and how does that compare with other companies? Brag about your quality control if it's worth braging about.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even good shops are brand loyal. I was talking about a certain Brand with my shop owner. (Hoyt shop). I always liked the bow we were discussing. Of course he had to try and tune 1, one time and found the riser was bent. Hehad problems dealing with the maker and thus they are all now "junk" in his eyes.

He is a stand-up guy and helpful as all get-out but bias and who pays the bills creeps into his (and most) judgements.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:49 AM

Is this a Bowtech site???
Old 04-09-2008, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: blackfish

I SHOOT ELITE! ALL BRANDS ARE ON THIS SITE, JUST MORE BT OVERALL I WOULD GUESS. MANY MATHPOO'S ON HERE AS WELL...J/K NO HATE MAIL PLEASE
Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes and no..there is a slight bias. Is that because Bowtech intended that, or simply that a lot of people like the bows and spread the word?

We have a lot of Corporate Advisory Staff Members here, probably more here than else-where. But us that have been here a while remeber when most were just like everyone else. They were in a sense "rewarded" for thier knowledge, shooting skills, hunting success's, business sense..or some other endearring quality.

I don't think you'll feel the bias..I'venever reallyseen them as a whole bash another bow or peice of equipment. Occassionally a select few are over zealous. But thats the exception, rather than the rule.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:32 PM

I know I just said that to stir the crap all the hype and ppl. getting so upset about someone saying somthing about them I drove an hour and a half to try them nice bows yes but no better or worse than any hoyt mathews or pse bows I have shot I am not new to archery I been making my own arrows and strings since boy scouts 30 years ago.The way ppl. defend here brand of bow you think they have profit sharing in the company well I guess it is no different than mopar gm or ford
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

IThe way ppl. defend here brand of bow you think they have profit sharing in the company
I don't think your far from the truth.

As for myself , if a company gives me more than I paid for I'll stick up for them, they've earned it, otherwise forget it. I figure others are the same so if they go on and on, it's one or the other. More often than not I think it's the other you mentioned.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Txjourneyman
You owe Bowtech shooter lunch!