Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

I think there are possible more issues noted with the Bowtech than maybe Hoyts or Bear or Browning, or whatever, but there are a LOT of Bowtech bow's sold, and a LOT of happy Bowtech customers. Now I've heard a few bad stories (Legit, not Internet tales) about just about every manufacturer. Hoyt, Bowtech, Matthews, Bear, PSE, etc, my local shop ownere DOES say he has more guys have issues with BT's, but he also SELLS a lot of BT's. Percentage-wise, it may be about the same. And some of the issues ARE user error. After looking at some picture of cam leans on a few BT's, I do wonder it the Guardian/Commander style risers decreased that any because they are supported in the middle of the limbs. Because it appears to me in some of the pic's I saw that the limbs aren't flexing quite evenly. I wonder if you were using a solid limb if that cam lean would ever even exist??? BT guys, any thoughts or explanations??? Not trying to start a fight by any means, because I've seriously looked at a couple of Allegiances over the last 6 months, I just haven't brought myself to part with the $500-600 yet.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I think there are possible more issues noted with the Bowtech than maybe Hoyts or Bear or Browning, or whatever, but there are a LOT of Bowtech bow's sold, and a LOT of happy Bowtech customers. Now I've heard a few bad stories (Legit, not Internet tales) about just about every manufacturer. Hoyt, Bowtech, Matthews, Bear, PSE, etc, my local shop ownere DOES say he has more guys have issues with BT's, but he also SELLS a lot of BT's. Percentage-wise, it may be about the same. And some of the issues ARE user error. After looking at some picture of cam leans on a few BT's, I do wonder it the Guardian/Commander style risers decreased that any because they are supported in the middle of the limbs. Because it appears to me in some of the pic's I saw that the limbs aren't flexing quite evenly. I wonder if you were using a solid limb if that cam lean would ever even exist??? BT guys, any thoughts or explanations??? Not trying to start a fight by any means, because I've seriously looked at a couple of Allegiances over the last 6 months, I just haven't brought myself to part with the $500-600 yet.

Branching off that OH.... I think I may have a theory on why we see/hear about so many bowtech issues.

First, Bowtech has done a flat out fantasic job of advertising. There are more and more people getting into bowhunting nowadays... so when you have a new archer.. one of the things they are often interested in is speed and what is hot today.... and there is no arguement from me that in todays market that is bowtech.

Now, with so many bows being sold, and likely to a heck of a lot of new/neophyte archers... I suspect as you pointed out OH that a fair number of those ARE user related issues... just stemming from lack of knowledge or experience. I don't think its that there is an issue with bowtech at all.... infact I think that any issues that maybe rising from the masses are attributed solely to bowtechs overwhelming popularity and success (as always there are exceptions... but that is so with everything and every company/product). Lets face it, if a new archer... who is often young and internet savvy has a question or concern about his investment....wouldn't you suspect he would find his way to the internet? Makes sense to me....
Old 04-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

I was at the local pro shot today getting a few things, "they sell about every bow." Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, PSE,Martin and others. The shop manager and another employee were unpackagingtwo Bowtechs, 101 and 82 I believe. They mentioned that they were thiers and that they had sent them back to the factory because they had several problems with them, and didn't want to have to deal with those kinds of problems while out hunting. Said they were going to sell the ones the factory had returned to them. This is a very big shop that sells a pile of bows every year.
They had also recieved thier new bows to take their place, both Mathews DXT. I just bought a DXT this week so that made me feel a little better about my choice of bows. I'm replacing my SB XT with the DXT, and after shooting the new setupDXT I'm not sure if I made the right decision. The only difference is that I went from a ripcord to a QAD rest "cheaper QAD" This new rest seems to really make some noise at the release, anyone else noticed this? My XT was a great shooting very forgiving bow.

I'm not out to bash bowtech either, they were great looking bows, I really liked that soft coating they have on them. EVERY bow should have that stuff on them!

Please PM or e-mail me the name of said dealer so I can look into this. [email protected]
Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always find these type of comments/posts strange. There is more than likely an underlying agenda with the dealer making the comments.Not sure how many BowTechs I've owned and had no problems. Guess I'm just lucky.

One of the biggest dealers in my area was a BowTech, Hoyt, & Mathews dealers. They dropped Mathews because of sliding salesand as far as problems, all 3 were pretty much the same. Isolatedthings here and there.Anything manufactured will have the occasional problem. Great customer service takes care of it ASAP.

Lots of Good Bows out there, but in my eyes any dealer that runs another Brand down, personally I would never trust.

Pat has asked for the dealers name. Send it to him in a PM and allow him to check this out

Dan
Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

I was at the local pro shot today getting a few things, "they sell about every bow." Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, PSE,Martin and others. The shop manager and another employee were unpackagingtwo Bowtechs, 101 and 82 I believe. They mentioned that they were thiers and that they had sent them back to the factory because they had several problems with them, and didn't want to have to deal with those kinds of problems while out hunting. Said they were going to sell the ones the factory had returned to them. This is a very big shop that sells a pile of bows every year.
They had also recieved thier new bows to take their place, both Mathews DXT. I just bought a DXT this week so that made me feel a little better about my choice of bows. I'm replacing my SB XT with the DXT, and after shooting the new setupDXT I'm not sure if I made the right decision. The only difference is that I went from a ripcord to a QAD rest "cheaper QAD" This new rest seems to really make some noise at the release, anyone else noticed this? My XT was a great shooting very forgiving bow.

I'm not out to bash bowtech either, they were great looking bows, I really liked that soft coating they have on them. EVERY bow should have that stuff on them!

Please PM or e-mail me the name of said dealer so I can look into this. [email protected]
Pat I'll bet ya lunch you don't hear from him.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pat I'll bet ya lunch you don't hear from him.
Tee hee..I agree..... Go back through his posts never a positive thing to say about Bowtech. Ok yeah he'll throw a bone..Nice finish but can't imagine pulling that draw cycle time and time again... etc etc..

Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

I might be wrong but the sad reality is some shops have either forgotten how or never did know how to tune anything but a one cam bow! Truth is dual cams, binary cams, etc. are not hard to tune. The string materials we are so lucky to have today make it soooo much better to keep them in tune too.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

One of the dealers in town used to carry Bowtech......and doesn't, anymore. When I'm in there (pretty fair trad shop)......I've heard them comment that they stopped selling them because they couldn't give 'em away.

Rumor has it....Bowtech felt the same way (couldn't give 'em away). It's said they wouldn't pay their bills.

So.....I believe about 2%of what I hear shops say negatively about other brands.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
So.....I believe about 2%of what I hear shops say negatively about other brands.
I always find these type of comments/posts strange. There is more than likely an underlying agenda with the dealer making the comments.
I agree with these two statements. After dealing with many different shops I have learned that they all have their own agendas. If you really want good information about bows, the Internet is the place to find it. If there were a real tuning and serving separation issue with any top manufacturer's bow you would hear about it time and again on here, AT, Bowsite, and any of the other forums. If you don't hear it, it's likely an isolated incident, user error, or someone's got a bee in their bonnet over something.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think they were being sent back to be relabed asa "ROSS"[:-]

Quick Reply: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.