Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

They mentioned tuning, limb and cam wearing outserving problems. And yes the DXTs came on the same day, they were custom with black limbs. Looked like Christmas for them!
Ijoked about the new Bowtechs probably coming out with big yellow SAVAGE ARMS stickers on the limbs! Anyways are the pricey QAD rest quieter than the $50 model?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man that shop must really know what they are doing with bows, I have zero problem with my 82nd, no cam lean, pefectly tuned. What's your shop doing wrong? Think I'd find a new shop to work on my bows if I were you, don't seem like this shop knows thier stuff. What happens if you have an issue with the DXT, they gonna talk you into another bow?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up now.. Techies...!!??[8D]
Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
bigcountry

Actually the serving separation issue near the cams is fairly common. But is nothing I ever got upset over. Change out the string and get shooting.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing, the one guy is one of the top shooters in the region. He thought he's give the new Bowtech a chance, heck a couple months ago when I went in there they were all pumped to get thier new Bowtech bows and were giving me heck for still shooting my old technology Switchback XT. Seemed like the whole shop had jumped on the BowTech band wagon, and I was interested in the new ones myself!
It was just funny today to see things come full circle I thought!

"What happens if you have an issue with the DXT, they gonna talk you into another bow?"
That won't be happening, I do all my own work right here at home. I can tell you one thing, I can see already that this little DXT is going to need a little more attention to detail than the XT ever did. Seems to be a picky little bugger so far tonight!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

My scores with the 82nd!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

My scores with the 82nd!
That aint no chit either!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

They mentioned tuning, limb and cam wearing out serving problems.
Now I love messing with all the bowtech fans on this site.... don't get me wrong.... but I'll always give credit where its due (ie... the Alliegence.. and I might even learn how to spell it right someday)...

My gripe with that is if these cats are bowtech dealers, and work on bowtech bows.... how can they have issues with tuning. Next to Parker, I think that bowtech has one of the best service helplines in the industry. Hell my shop now doesn't even sell bowtech proper, yet when a customer brings one in I can call Oregon and get any answer on any question at all, and there is no showboat or holier than thou attitude at all. Basically, if you can't tune a bowtech... I don't know how in the heck you'll tune anything short of an electric piano. The limb issues I'll give them... but if they had limb issues that quick, then they no doubt must of expereinced many issues before, being bowtech dealers and all... so why bother with them if they have limb issues.... what kind of shop sells products they don't believe in?

When it comes to cams wearing out servings... next to Fred Bear there is one glaring offender..... and its Mathews.

As to the shop guy being one of the top shooters... it just goes back to my old NASCAR analogy.... Tony Stewart can drive the hell out of racecar.... but that doesn't really mean I want him to rebuild my transmission.... catch my drift?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

That aint no chit either!
Awww.. it was all in good fun. I really have nothing against Bowtech...

Without Bowtech there would be no night to my day, no winter for my spring. So thank you Bowtech for giving me my nights and my winters.. so that I may enjoy my days and my springs.

[align=center]-ZING-
[/align]
Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing, the one guy is one of the top shooters in the region. He thought he's give the new Bowtech a chance,
Yeah, um like Swampcollie, I really have to question that. Is my 82nd just a special one, NO I don't think so, she sure is an amazing shooter though.

Quick Reply: New Bowtechs being sent back to the factory...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.