Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Please help me understand why everything has to be challenging. I mean I hunt deer because I love seeing them, eating them and enjoy mounting the occasional nice buck. I don't want to conquer or beat them at a game or anything else. Killing a deer is challenging, ok, so what, if you are bored with it and need to make it a challenge then you are hunting for the wrong reasons in my opinion. That's my opinion, noone has to agree with it!! If you want to make it challenging, then stop going to the grocery store and hunt for your family's food with the bow, grow your own food in the garden, that would be a challenge!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Please help me understand why everything has to be challenging. I mean I hunt deer because I love seeing them, eating them and enjoy mounting the occasional nice buck. I don't want to conquer or beat them at a game or anything else. Killing a deer is challenging, ok, so what, if you are bored with it and need to make it a challenge then you are hunting for the wrong reasons in my opinion. That's my opinion, noone has to agree with it!! If you want to make it challenging, then stop going to the grocery store and hunt for your family's food with the bow, grow your own food in the garden, that would be a challenge!!!!!!!!
VA....I don't expect for people to hunt the same way I do....or for the same reasons.

Hunting is very personal. I would not say..... "Killing a deer is challenging, ok, so what, if you are bored with it and need to make it a challenge then you are hunting for the wrong reasons in my opinion. ".....because "I" don't need to know why you hunt.....or care how you do it. You and I are friends....so you know I mean no malice with that.

What makes it "fun" for me.....is likely quite different than what makes it "fun" for you (and others). That's fine
Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

because "I" don't need to know why you hunt.....or care how you do it .
Jeff, Couldn't we all say that about the threads you start?

I find myself looking for ways to ADD challenge to my hunting with the bow.
answer "I" don't need to know why you hunt.....or care how you do it
Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

You can say anyhting you like, Charlie. I meant no malice in my DIRECT comment to VA....and I know him well enough to know he wasn't offended by it.

You can always exercise your disinterest in my threads by skipping over them.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

because "I" don't need to know why you hunt.....or care how you do it .[/blockquote] Jeff, Couldn't we all say that about the threads you start?

X2
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good idea thanks.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's difficult when they occupy 2/3s of the first 5 pages of the Bowhunting forum.J/K buddy.

I think it's interesting seeing what makes other guys tick. It doesn't necessarily change my interests, but sometimes it brings a new perspective to things.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorta like a car wreck,hard not to look.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

There's a difference between looking......and stopping to kick the people in the car, Charlie.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Killing a deer is challenging, ok, so what, if you are bored with it and need to make it a challenge then you are hunting for the wrong reasons in my opinion.

Gosh, looks like I'm bowhunting for the wrong reasons. I'd better quit.

Quick Reply: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.