Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Not meant to knock you at all Jeff, but you did sort of answer your own question in the original post. My question is, does it necessarily have to be 'hard' to be enjoyable?
Not at all. Good question. I enjoy deer hunting. Period. It doesn't matter which weapon I choose. What weapon anyone else chooses is no concern of mine. I'll have fun.

While you are right it is not rocket science, it also is not as haphazard as you think. I still suspect there is a lot more CHALLENGE left out there in finding bigger bucks in you existing areas than what you think.

I can accept that.

I actually feel like I'm Rain Man,
LOL...no argument from me....
Old 04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Holy Bujeezuz...I set the wine glass down for a few days and I missed all this?

I like this comment by VABOWMAN

it is who we are as men and or women and it connects all of us to our past as early man.

I like to think of my hunting experiences as a process of {{A+B+C+D...... = all the elements (added up)that give me the passion}} and love for the outdoors and what mother nature has to offer....

From cracking the bow case all the way to packaging the meat. I love it all.

FYI ---I missed a doe last year at 22 yards with my compound...missed her clean...so I won't even get into my opinions on my trad. equipment and my compounds...and thats with 60-70 bow kills (in 22 years)under my belt. There were some years here in Michigan where you could buy doe permits over the counter...It was the farmers orders[8D]