Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

As for my part in this, I have no excuses just a long work day followed by the fact of with this cast on my arm I can't even twist the top off of my own beer.[]
Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 AM

Jeff, Im not telling you that you are wrong for taking up the trad bow, in fact when you posted that you were going to do it I said cool. I still can't believe that this has turned south for all of us. I just stated my opinion about using hunting as a mechanism or fuel to challenge yourself, whether that be gun, bow, knife whatever.. I just believe that hunting is more than just getting fix afor a challenge, it is who we are as men and or women and it connects all of us to our past as early man. You know I teach history and I have to teach about early man andhow hesurvived, which included hunting to stay alive. It is personal I know, but it is wrong to look at hunting soley as a challenge so we can feel we accomplished or overcame a challenge by killing something. For me it is way to connect to that, it is a challenge in itself already, there is nothing wrong broadening your horizons, I commend you for that, but are you hunting for the challenge or are you hunting because it is what stirs you? Do you what you want, use it for a challenge then, I still think it's wrong to use it to meet your goals as a challenge. I do not expect you to change your mind, nor do i want to change your mind. You asked how we felt about it, and I simply told you.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

BobCo, if you need to quit, then quit..
OK, maybe I will....[8D][8D][8D]
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM

if that's what you want, have at it...
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess Deep Thoughts & Misinterpretations Forum would'nt fit so they just went with Bowhunting Forum for the title. By the way, any one have anything useful on that topic, actual bowhunting? No, oh well maybe tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

if that's what you want, have at it...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM

having fun!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I guess Deep Thoughts & Misinterpretations Forum would'nt fit so they just went with Bowhunting Forum for the title. By the way, any one have anything useful on that topic, actual bowhunting? No, oh well maybe tomorrow.
A young hunter as a question yesterday

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2754724

and three of us responded
Giant Nontypical

No true offense taken VA.. it's just right here..

I thinkyou couldlearn something from me and many otherson the hunting side of this tradtion if you were listen. Remember Jeff, guys like myself, Jim. Dan, Schultzy, can remember when deer were not so numerous, and when I was young and beginning I grabbed on to advice from the old guys and soaked it up. We have seen it when herds were much smaller 15-20 yrs ago
You made (or I interpretted it as) You were among a different class of hunters as you have been in the woods during changing times.This expirience made you appreciate things differently. While I share some of this belief. I do hunt better bucks, (call it rack hunting, trophy hunting, whatever) for the challenge.

So while we come from similiar backgrounds and home-raisings , our goals now have evolved differently. No right or wrong..just different.
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

having fun!!!
Yea well quit or find some where else to do it.[:-]

Quick Reply: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.